Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

sure glad  there was a clarification on  the LTL 😁 didn't remember the H having that dash or shifters  in that location.  last experience with an H was when it was being tow started dead of winter, twin stick duplex . I had the H . short version ; wrecker stopped H ( me) didn't.. no  build up of air / hand brake didn't work. let clutch out to stop as wrecker tow bar closed in .  aux not in gear.  that little bubble on front nose made contact with 2 in steel plate. from then on NO towing with out air in tanks and wrecker tow bar at bumper height. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Going to try to work on the LJ some  more next week,have been plugging along but Baseball kinda got things sidetracked for my main helper ! Truck shows coming up around here also , Probably take the LTH to a few since it’s drivable. 

• Like 1

That’s a mighty fine unit when I was his age I was around   my uncles brockways great memories that boy has got the best of both worlds baseball and Mack trucks. Excellent thanks for the post. Good luck getting it over there. Looks great…. From what I’ve seen and heard there was quite a few of those out here in the lumber rack it …. Bob

On 5/6/2023 at 7:04 AM, 1961H67 said:

Got my Helper ( Sidekick) away from Baseball for a little bit yesterday, hoping to make it to the Waynesville NC truck show next week. Hopefully I can post a story of this truck in the future, I have tracked down the original owners Son and he is looking for some more pictures of when his Dad used it logging,in California, and a family member of the fellow that owned 10Tucky Stables is also looking for pictures from the 70s . t has a lot of history, just trying to get everything together. 

IMG_4334.jpeg

I got to hang out with Dean a good bit Saturday morning at the Waynesville show.  Got my first look at the gold truck.  Got to hear bits and pieces of the truck's life story.  Can't wait to see it all written down in one place.  Definitely has some history behind it.

• Like 2

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

11 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

Yeah the young friend of mine with the KW beside of me took that picture and sent it, It was a good show. 

I am sorry I had to miss the show and meeting / visiting with all of you folks, But my wife is having health problems..😓

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Brocky

Dammit...  I had a job to do today..  I wish I went..  I live 6 miles from there..  I would have loved to meet you guy's and shake that young'ns hand..   Jojo

• Like 1

How many trucks do they have inside on permanent display???  Last Fall I talked with Dick Callaway, ATHS WOT author from NC,  and he said they were in the process of selecting some..

Brocky

Joey , I thought you might be there , I had a Hennis H Model shirt on , you would probably have recognized me Grandson . Maybe I can bring him back to the Museum and meet up with you sometime. He’s interested in trains also, we usually get down there a couple times a year, Today was Truck Show and Train Day, so it was definitely worthwhile. Brocky I think they have about 10 trucks, a few maybe on loan, because they are a few different ones from last year. My Dad drove for Hennis from 1960 through the 1970s until they were bought by Spector ,, I had the Original pictures of these Hs . 

Thank You for the update on display trucks.. Dick Callaway's father was part of the Autocar dealership in Greensboro way back when,, This is where he got the truck bug to write about them..

Brocky