Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

10 hours ago, Mark T said:

That '55 looks great. Even looks like period correct Fenton Gyros on there. 😎

Right???? It looks like the one in American graffiti that thing was badass I understand someone back  in your area owns it now and hasn’t really done anything to it 

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

My Lord..  All of you guy's need to get together and write a book..   I am not joking..  The knowledge and experience is amazing..   Jojo

i'll go out on a limb with this ; the book a great idea : my first purchase after the powerball win would be all expense trip to central location for all interested on this site for a meet and greet so we can discuss a book. i would arrange it since I worked for Mack AND coca cola ; and you thought i would go off topic. LMAO

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mowerman said:

Right???? It looks like the one in American graffiti that thing was badass I understand someone back  in your area owns it now and hasn’t really done anything to it 

I think maybe Maryland ?  It was at one point.  Both those cars were badass. 

6 hours ago, mowerman said:

OK here we go we saw a 56 gasser in San Diego at a bar a few years ago shit was amazing hundred percent restoration straight front axle red and white car was gorgeous

so being a '56 it was old enough to be "at the bar ", hope it didn't have any high test then go driving!!😁😁. sorry couldn't help myself. Red and White ;;it was a Polish car . 

We were in there quite a while and the car never moved. It might’ve belong to the bartender or somebody else that worked around there or there was a few small businesses around the bar but yes I do appreciate your two cents as always ha ha good one.

• Haha 1

I built the 55 gasser “BADMAN” back when I was 10 or 12 , I always wanted one, so this one came along and I was able to afford it because it needed finishing, I probably could have bought one completely done for what I spent,, but it made it seem less because I didn’t buy all the parts at once,, plus I enjoyed it . I still have the BADMAN model, also built a DM Mack and a dump trailer , still have it , had a few other trucks but after 50 years and a few moves they were falling apart . 

4 minutes ago, 1961H67 said:

I built the 55 gasser “BADMAN” back when I was 10 or 12 , I always wanted one, so this one came along and I was able to afford it because it needed finishing, I probably could have bought one completely done for what I spent,, but it made it seem less because I didn’t buy all the parts at once,, plus I enjoyed it . I still have the BADMAN model, also built a DM Mack and a dump trailer , still have it , had a few other trucks but after 50 years and a few moves they were falling apart . 

I'm always (most time ) looking for parts inventory (1/25th scale). don't discard . :SMOKIE-RT:

• Like 1

when you build something yourself: car/truck etc there's more pride and satisfaction to the build.  a car show in town had many owners who it was obvious knew little of their vehicles , just wrote out a big check to some one else. I had the great pleasure of working with another mechanic yrs back who owned a steel willy coupe = not a plastic rep . he built the eng / and complete car. I asked once why he didn't take his car to the town car show. his reply" they don't know anything about their cars just write a check then sit on a lawn chair.

Yes, it’s amazing what they offer these days, especially sheet metal last I checked you could buy a complete floor with rocker panels for a 55 bel air I expect it’s the same with those…  after a lot of years I wish I had kept the 48  1 owner low mileage, 1 ton 9 foot bed Bob. 

funny thing was i paid $1,600 for it gladly ,,,bone stock original condition....i decided to get rid of it because it had the traditional farm tractor 50 mph rearend and i was moving trying to lighten  the load,,,you you believe back in 1986....i couldnt give that thing away,,,,wound up trading someone for a yamaha 1100 straight across.then i couldnt unload the yamaha,,would up trading back for 59 chevy flatbed.....strange things happen sometimes...bob