Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

Excellent man dashboard looks gorgeous. I forgot to mention there was another fella on here a while back that had a custom muffler made for inch intake. It was just a short thinner version of the traditional big type muffler. He claims that sounded real good, but not terribly loud you guys might want to consider something like that.  Bob

Thank you, I have room for a short muffler, When i actually worked this truck back in the late 70s I had a muffler beside the transmission, it still has the factory mounts , flat bar with springs to allow for movement, I had the local steel shop roll a piece of 1/8 plate about 24” long, I welded up the seam and, it was probably about 12” in diameter, 4 inch in and out. With a 4 in stack.( Not a backdrop manifold back then) I honestly believe my homemade muffler made it louder! It was perfect for a 19 year old, But 44 years later, with a backdrop It Will NOT go back on! 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 9:31 AM, 1961H67 said:

It’s straight ( for now) I have room under for a short muffler, I thought I would run it for a bit when I get it on the road and see how annoying it is . I remember you drove yours to the DMV , how did it sound?

With the stack that high I don’t think the noise should be a problem in the cab,should sound good outside tho..

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, does anyone have an idea or a source for floor mat material? Something that looks like the firewall mat. I have looked a little online and checked hardware stores, haven’t found anything yet. I was going to use the sound deading / insulation in the floor and lay cut a rubber or vinyl mat over it. My Dad found some stuff I used in our H67 when I redid it about 20 years ago but I have no clue where he got it , it’s still in good shape. I haven’t really looked at trying to adapt a mat for another truck yet, just trying too get ideas, Th11E9276C-3B9D-4C92-B753-C137952DD39F.thumb.jpeg.0153a034bc1253a1b5a52072d56dd7f1.jpeganks 

I might just go for the stock floor mats since they’re still available, but they are very expensive for something we just step on. Depends on my mood. At the  time and if I ever get that far but yes, I do like the way they look. I actually bought a brand new set for an F model 40 years ago. Bob

CD3B0218-62B6-4082-AD9B-69AA58F708B8.thumb.png.d05be8d755943335439b861384619c18.pngI used these guys for my B model they have rolls of the rubber your looking for I used it in my wifes chevy truck . I bought all my fender welting and window felts they are very reasonable with there prices and I think they will send you samples just reall great people to work with

• Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly