Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

Oh no, what do you know that grill guard we had an exact duplicate someone left at the shop and no one new anything about it and it went to scrap last year must have been a local add on for those trucks from that time period it pays to do a little hoarding

Yes that guard  has always been on it , not sure if it was a dealer option, I don’t have a picture of truck in the 50s , but it was on it in the 60s , that is only the 3rd one I ever saw, I had a parts truck with one and someone stole it ( and more steal) I’m sure they took it to scrap yard. I have another we got from Bruce Essick. All have the “M” in them . I’m sure the scrap yard got a deal for yours and the one that I got stolen,,, they are probably worth $300-$400 now days. That bumper and guard weighs more then a smart car!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 7:43 PM, 1961H67 said:

Got some more inside work done today, installed the hand valve and made some new copper lines ( I think it looks more “1951 “ then plastic ) . Also got my floor panels; bumper and grill guard back from blast shop, hopefully I can put some primer on them tomorrow.

Those copper lines look more original, and besides they look nicer than plastic.

Thank You, I used most all the original copper I could, l replaced the plastic going to the spring brake valve ( we added the spring brakes in the 70s ) . I’m putting the E brake handle back for looks , I removed the drum. The Hand valve you see is not original, it had one on the column just under the floor, with a long rod ( something like my LT , but was on the column.) It started leaking around 1980 and I took this one off a parts F Model we had and extended the lines with rubber, I still have the control rod , the old valve is long gone. I have 2 LJ parts trucks and both are plumbed like I have this one . I bought a roll of copper so I could replace what I could. 

On 12/19/2022 at 10:08 PM, 1961H67 said:

Thank You, I used most all the original copper I could, l replaced the plastic going to the spring brake valve ( we added the spring brakes in the 70s ) . I’m putting the E brake handle back for looks , I removed the drum. The Hand valve you see is not original, it had one on the column just under the floor, with a long rod ( something like my LT , but was on the column.) It started leaking around 1980 and I took this one off a parts F Model we had and extended the lines with rubber, I still have the control rod , the old valve is long gone. I have 2 LJ parts trucks and both are plumbed like I have this one . I bought a roll of copper so I could replace what I could. 

I'm doing the same thing with my E brake handle, putting it back just for looks.

On 12/24/2022 at 9:31 AM, 1961H67 said:

It’s straight ( for now) I have room under for a short muffler, I thought I would run it for a bit when I get it on the road and see how annoying it is . I remember you drove yours to the DMV , how did it sound?

Once it get back on the road my plan is to run it for a while, but probably put an under frame muffler or resonator on it to quiet it down a little. The insert in the stack helps, but it's still pretty loud.