Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

On 6/29/2022 at 12:35 AM, h67st said:

You're right, aren't the windshields shorter on the L model?

The ones on a H-model seem taller than on a L or a C. The latter two definitely differ being installed into openable frames (L) or straight into a gasket (C and B with L cab).

I doubt the width differs (exctepting frames or a gasket) since both day cab or integrated sleeper cab on a L-model have the same cowl to suit the hood.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

13 hours ago, mowerman said:

Hell I almost forget…. Even further back I bought a 55 Chevy convertible that wasn’t In too bad a shape at all totally restoreable took off the doors hood and  the hood and trunk lid and scraped the rest only paid 35 bucks for that one …. Right now that same body style is almost extinct … … bob

how were we suppose to know back then to save everything  to make $$$$ yrs later. the list is endless. cars.trucks. toys. .10 cent hotwheel toys are worth a fortune today. all the mack brochures thrown away when dealership was sold are$15.00 -25.oo a piece ; and the list goes on. beautiful H model; large number of B-75's at the time were large money ($1000.oo ) what would i do with it thought back then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1961H67 said:

You are so right,, we can’t save everything,, I remember my Dad saying the same things when I was a teenager about T models . Lol, Life goes on .

yes my boss back in 70s was telling me the same thing,,,,,he had a really nice restored model A and mecho...i probably mentioned before,,still kicking my ass that i let that low mileage 62 ford wagon go around 31 years ago...i want it back!!!!!!!!!!!!   its in L.A. somewhere lol.bob

• Haha 1

My first car at age 14 was a 1951 Olds 2 door hardtop. Paid $35 for it and beat the $h!!t out of it in the cow pasture until the Hyramatic quit!! Sold the engine to a man for a stock car and junked the rest..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brocky

I remember just a short while ago B models were average 1200-1500 I guess it’s like anything else the rear are they get the price to keep Climbing I would love to have a 64 galaxy or a 3 window hi boy what’s today’s prices forget it. Looks like the DM is going to be it as far as oldies haha Other than that more mini bikes and go karts … Like most of us I am just a truck driver not a millionaire

Hey that sounds great,, I’ve got 2 parts LJs ( one is gas) and they are both plumed a little different, especially to the air gov. , that would be great if you have time for a few pictures of the firewall. That copper is pretty much still in good shape, and it’s like a puzzle, keep turning and trying and eventually it will fall into place,, but pictures will make it easier. Thanks! 

• Like 1