Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

use caution with the shop air. shop set for 150 lbs  , don't want someone getting hurt . those old screw together brake cans might not want that much air after sitting quite for 30 yrs . spray the clevis pins with penetrating oil  . just enough air to make things move. trace the copper lines completely if pressures are low. possibly a crushed line restricting air flow. thanks fr updates. 

side note:: still haven't found LT mack model address

Back to car  I forgot the last car I bought before I moved out of  New England was a 48 Plymouth  2 door coupe one owner low mileage I think it was a delux too long ago paid 800 for it and sold it to a co worker at nissens fir same price I really liked the Way it drove smooth and quiet Bob

Could you imagine how few kids the age of your grandson have any idea what some of the vehicles you have are.  Let alone how they're supposed to be used.  So many of us on here were that boy at some point.

Edited by Mark T
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

Congratulation on the milestone!

Moving a rig under its own power for the first time is very exciting moment. Also thanks for posting many progress pics, they definitely give motivation.

For any reason the pictures are how front brake quick release valve may look on a L-model. Mine has its schematic pretty simple. The top line comes from the theadle valve and two at the sides (they're actually at the bottom in the housing below a diaphragm) go straight to the front cans. My truck doesn't have a trolley valve and limiting one though.

Vnukovo.12.2013..00373.JPG

Vnukovo.12.2013..00375.JPG

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Yes it was exiting for both of us! Yes the oil filter is easy to service, the 750 on the left at the firewall isn’t bad either, I remember setting on the fender and changing it.  Mine has that same QR valve on the frame for steer brakes, thanks for the pictures 

• Like 1

That Steering wheel is actually “Brand New “ ,, There was a fellow down in South Carolina who was a “True LJ Guy “ , I talked to him in the mid 80s about some parts when I first started thinking of restoring mine, I never met him, or bought anything. He passed away later and I guess his family had a auction, a friend of mine went and bought some stuff, this steering wheel was in the new box , he kept it for years along with NOS Speedo and gauges . He sold his LJ . So he didn’t need them,,, Many Thanks to him for selling it all to me. 

• Like 2