Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

Yep There’s really no way to set a price on NOS ,, just depends on how much you need it . I’ve been fortunate with several things on the LJ and LTH,, I bought stuff from 3 or 4 different people and they always treated me fair,, They know I’m going to use it and not resell, and I’m the same way, I have given a lot of parts away knowing that they are going to use it on a project. 

• Like 1

right???????? i used to deal with 55 chevys in the 70s i had 4 of them ,,,,,lotsa scalpers i got tired of them and started buying nothing but fords around 1980  i remember having to pay an extra 25 bucks for a quarter panel molding because it was in original wrapper....like really????????

5 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

Unfortunately you are correct! I have a 55 Chevrolet Gasser and. 68 Chevelle SS and restored both,,, Big truck people are Much better to deal with, NOS or reproduction or used ,, 90 % of us grew up around these things or use them . 

55 Gasser, sounds interesting, do tell us more, probably already have and I can't remember lol

Paul

Bring me back old memories was that originally 210 or 150 looks like the one my pop had in the 60s no side chrome 6 banger 3 speed column shift … kind of wierd back in those days it was just a beat up old back n forth work car wasn’t worth anything He sold it in 1966 for 50 bucks when my mom got her brand new Chevy nova 

It was probably a 150 or 210 ,, I’m sure I could find it with the vin ,, it’s a cool car but it kinda goes back to the comments I made about truck parts vs car parts . Take for instance my Grandson, he likes the 55 Gasser ,,, But when you mention one of this old Mack’s he will give you a history lesson,, because they all have done something, been somewhere. From the LJ that was the first local Diesel Coke truck, to the C Model my Dad drove new , H Model that hauled furniture new , The LTH was a log truck new . Trucks are just different, they have a Story to tell . 

• Like 1

I was trying to figure out what you were talking about nomad  panels then when I saw the wheel opening, I got it  yes, I had a lot of fun with them but the macks are definitely more fun.I’m considering this is just a big maybe selling my 2014 mustang when I retire and pickup my dream car 64 galaxy …. They have been falling down hard on them prices were crazy high . All of a sudden they took a dump. Almost overnight. Somethings running doesn’t use too much expensive chrome 

Heck about 25 years ago a fellow called me wondering if I was interested in a old H  Model Mack for parts because he knew I had a LJ ,,( doors were about all I could use) I remember his Dad pulling a lowboy with it when I was young , needless to say, I didn’t part it out,, that put the LJ on the back burner another of probably 10 times in 30 years. Plus I changed it from a tandem (dead axle ) to single axle, stretched it to now a rollback. Rabbit chasing ! 

0D476FD9-303D-4E8E-8B5B-717C2795FA91.jpeg

3E43F40B-EC3D-4D43-93EB-96AD03E50A05.jpeg

2FCF948B-BE7D-48BA-92AC-535121672618.jpeg

A2D30509-EC71-4E47-8C2D-E7F934E46234.jpeg

• Like 2

It’s all fun,, I’ve been around these trucks ALL my life,, ( and about 3 months before , Dad had a run hauling eggs from a hatchery about a mile from here in 1958,59 to Miami, bringing watermelon back to New York City, with a trailer he put ice in a hooper on the front with a 1 cylinder gas motor pulling a fan, my Mom rode down to Miami and back a couple times when she was pregnant with me in his H63 ) I still learn something from all y’all every day!