Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

I did have an   HO train set think most of us did ….. I used to see this incredible looked like hand  built cars snd trucks from the 40s running around this track somewhere in so cal it was a yearly show,,, this display was just a part of it … I used to stand there for quite a while and watch everything going round and round and I can’t remember where it was or what show … I think it was Pomona fairgrounds…. Bob

• Like 1

Lol right on man I’m sure will absolutely thrilled with results …. I wish I had more  projects around here that required building with wood ….I enjoy working with it …my father-in-law was a big fan of woodworking working and he really enjoyed it…. But he had all kind of cool machines in his garage for cool stuff can be a great way to spend your time …. Ok off the subject… but who cares these days everybody is just going away at a record pace ha ha… Bob

My father always said "wood is only good for keeping you warm"

Wood really is a issue in Australia as our white ant (termite) population is such that it destroys most woods at a record pace in most parts of Australia unless the wood is treated

Australia never went thru the last ice age and as such the glaciers never took all the soil away while carving out new mountain ranges, apparently we have more white ants than rest of the world combined

Anyway back to the topic

Paul 

• Like 1

One of my parts trucks has the floor replaced with metal, this one still has the original wood, but in bad shape where the accelerator pedal and foot pedal bolts down , and it’s soaked with oil from underneath, I have no idea how it got so oily, I steamed cleaned both them and it’s like brake shoes,, just keeps bleeding out. 

I belive some L-models had steel floor panels from the factory. As for oil the source could be the U-joint right behind the transmission. It spreads excess of grease due to spin. Shift lever also supposed to leak some tranny oil on a hot run.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012