• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya'll - I have paint!  Doors are done.  Goal is to have the cab done by the end of this weekend.  I'm one happy girl - I think the truck is, too!  The rest of the truck will be this color with a white

Popped the seat frames and original seats in tonight so I could sit in my truck for the first time on something other than a milk crate!  Don't mind me...I'll be here making "vroom-vroom" noises and g

Too many projects, too little time 🙄😄 There are worse problems to have!  Good news: Mack paint is DONE! Body assembly is happening THIS WEDNESDAY! I can't wait to finally see this old girl p

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Getting closer and closer!  The white paint has a few places that need some attention.  I think we got an incorrect P sheet and the mix ended up a little thin, so I have a couple of runs, but nothing that can't be leveled out and buffed back. I'm attacking the nose piece next!

On another note: do you have a bed liner or undercoat type paint that you love? Matte black, textured.  I'm going to paint the rocker under the door around the back - stepping up just to the bottom of the three "panels".  The rockers had to be completely reconstructed and there are visible weldments. The lower portion of the back of the cab had been repaired multiple times (for function only).  Since we're putting a custom bed on her, it made sense to not worry about a pristine repair back there, and I think and undercoat paint will be perfect.  

https://sjcreativevt.pixieset.com/skippymack/

Edited by SkippyMack
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, hicrop10 said:

Looks great,the color combination is awesome.

Thank you!  I'm planning a cool white detail on the hood that I think will really pull it all together!

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed that you haven’t posted in over a week Skippy. Hope all is well with you and the family and that you’ve just been too busy with the project to post. 
Dave

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Husband probably got tired of her bossing him around and ran away from home... she’s out looking for him now...... thought it was kind of odd myself nothing from them in quite a while now.... bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

so the floor paint finally dried? i knew i was rite!!😁

• Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I am happy to see your son in the shop with you I didn't get that opportunity in my youth my step dad was all about sports and I was all about anything with an engine.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I am glad to see you are OK and found some computer time to advise us of your VERY BUSY family life..  Thanks for the update and pictures..

Also here is the contact info for Dave Zsido who may have some more info on the history of your truck:: 3 Haywood Ave, Rutland VT 05701   802-775-6576

• Like 1

Brocky

4 hours ago, Brocky said:

I am glad to see you are OK and found some computer time to advise us of your VERY BUSY family life..  Thanks for the update and pictures..

Also here is the contact info for Dave Zsido who may have some more info on the history of your truck:: 3 Haywood Ave, Rutland VT 05701   802-775-6576

I did reach out to Dave Zsido last month!  He connected me with someone in Brattleboro.

God love you I figured you were all real busy couldn’t resist the smart ass remark ha ha all I could think of as he didn’t expect you to be beating him to death On that truck Come on baby this thing needs to be done in two months ha ha Ha glad you’re all doing well thanks for the heads up but my wife is no different except it’s all outdoor duties.... bob

• Like 1

Looking  good

So the pin striping on the Freightliner, was it painted or stuck on vinyl ? 

Lot of these jokers on here wouldn't mind seeing that either, so dont be shy to share pictures of the Freightliner as well 

Paul 

33 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Looking  good

So the pin striping on the Freightliner, was it painted or stuck on vinyl ? 

Lot of these jokers on here wouldn't mind seeing that either, so dont be shy to share pictures of the Freightliner as well 

Paul 

Paul,

We masked it off three times for paint with some pretty complex designs and I detailed it out with vinyl.  I will share pictures when it's done! 🤩

• Like 1