Best of Biden

Mack Technician

we have a lot of people in charge of departments,  that have agenda's, rather than 'a job to do'..   and if you call them out'  on these issues, the first thing they say is you are a racist, and that is white supremacy speech..  Then everyone gets scared and lets them (Demonrats) do what they want to do..  

• Sad 1

Joey you need to tell them your a black pregnant lesbian for a little better position all around… my wife mentioned something about the same thing the other day but of coarse she’s white snd works so no freebies for her … like wow man….. Bob

Too funny Bob,,,   for years I have made a joke about how to get everything for free,,  it was to be a black lesbian in a wheelchair, with 2 children..   Oh well,  I guess my 'White A$$' will just have to keep paying their rent, and 'Obama phone' bill,,,  :)  jojo

• Like 1

I don’t know what’s going on in this twisted society but Reno has got help wanted signs everywhere yet I’ve never seen so many beggars on corners and homeless bums living in tents various places around town like what the f———- is this?????? Bob 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 11:57 PM, RowdyRebel said:

Now go to one of the "single payer" countries where the consumer isn't paying & the payer isn't consuming...but the provider has no choice but to accept the crappy pay from the single provider if he wants to work...and since the person paying doesn't care if the service sucks, there is no incentive to do anything beyond the bare minimum for the crap pay. So, as a consumer you wait 6 months for an appointment, and by then you've either kicked it or it's kicked you.

The US ranks 46th on average life expectancy. 46th. A quick glance at the list of 45 countries with a higher average life expectancy, and almost all of them have government managed healthcare systems universally available to its people as a condition of citizenship. While life expectancy alone cannot entirely predict the effectiveness of a country's healthcare system, I can't imagine the millions of people living longer and healthier lives in these 45 other countries are somehow lacking access to good doctors and hospitals. Do they pay more in taxes for it? Maybe or maybe not. Additionally, the US spends almost twice per capita on healthcare costs as the next highest country. The list of metrics where the US ranks poorly compared to its democratic, industrialized peers with regard to its healthcare arrangements is massive. I studied this pretty extensively several years back and arrived at the conclusion that we just don't have it as good as we are led to believe. If you end up coming down with a condition requiring high level physical medical treatment the outcome is generally more favorable elsewhere depending on what the actual condition is. I will agree Obamacare is a complete hacksaw piece of legislation jammed through during the last weeks of the 111th Congress while the sponsoring party controlled the House, Senate, and Presidency. Probably did more harm than good.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:57 PM, RowdyRebel said:

At least your health insurance wasn't tied to your employment, though, right?

A disingenuous rhetorical question but I would answer "yes". Back to my original point: I'm not sure why your status and/or level of employment pretty much dictates your access to healthcare here when every one of our closest peers figured out how do it the other way a long time ago as well as achieve the same or better outcomes along the way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 67RModel said:

The US ranks 46th on average life expectancy. 46th. A quick glance at the list of 45 countries with a higher average life expectancy, and almost all of them have government managed healthcare systems universally available to its people as a condition of citizenship. While life expectancy alone cannot entirely predict the effectiveness of a country's healthcare system, I can't imagine the millions of people living longer and healthier lives in these 45 other countries are somehow lacking access to good doctors and hospitals. Do they pay more in taxes for it? Maybe or maybe not. Additionally, the US spends almost twice per capita on healthcare costs as the next highest country. The list of metrics where the US ranks poorly compared to its democratic, industrialized peers with regard to its healthcare arrangements is massive. I studied this pretty extensively several years back and arrived at the conclusion that we just don't have it as good as we are led to believe. If you end up coming down with a condition requiring high level physical medical treatment the outcome is generally more favorable elsewhere depending on what the actual condition is. I will agree Obamacare is a complete hacksaw piece of legislation jammed through during the last weeks of the 111th Congress while the sponsoring party controlled the House, Senate, and Presidency. Probably did more harm than good.

A disingenuous rhetorical question but I would answer "yes". Back to my original point: I'm not sure why your status and/or level of employment pretty much dictates your access to healthcare here when every one of our closest peers figured out how do it the other way a long time ago as well as achieve the same or better outcomes along the way.

Since you've studied this why won't a system of free market competition driven healthcare work? If the government sets a fixed price then why would there be much if any drive to produce a quality low priced product? When the government started interfering with the healthcare system prices went up and quality of care went down but yet more government is the answer? I just cannot see how.

We lead the world in clinical trials and medical research which is then used by other countries to improve their health systems (link here ) with the government in control we could loose all of that which would definitely be a big set back to the world. Our system isn't perfect but more taxes thrown at it has never and will never work. Sorry didn't mean to go off on a tangent but since dads become a politician I've become much more involved in this stuff. 

• Like 1

Dunno you blokes seem to be getting caught up in details and missing the big picture

All I know is after a quick Google Australia is ranked 8th in the world for life expectancy and we have free medical, read what you like into that

Apparently our average tax rate is 45%

The U.S. is 37%

NewZealand is 39% but has free medical like Australia 

Pretty sure Canda has free medical and has a tax rate of 33%

So there's no right answer, as a radio interview I heard today was saying "to live in Australia is like winning the lotto so get out there and make the most of it"

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 11:14 PM, BOBWhite said:

Since you've studied this why won't a system of free market competition driven healthcare work?

I studied the differences, statistics, and metrics around the US healthcare system vs the government funded/run systems of our democratic industrialized peers and the outcomes they each produce. I'm not saying one system will or won't work in their respective societies. Additionally, "work" can be defined in dozens of different ways. My original point several posts back was that your level and/or status of employment pretty much dictates your access to healthcare in the US, while in all other developed countries most similar to ours its a condition of citizenship. Also as part of my previous point was that its tough in the US as a low income earner (or even middle income earner for that matter) to pay for health insurance (healthcare) because its so expensive.  And if you loose your job that provides it for you then you loose your coverage and end up having to pay for it out of pocket. I imagine the small business and self employment landscape would be drastically different if it were the other way is all I'm saying.

On 8/15/2022 at 11:14 PM, BOBWhite said:

Our system isn't perfect but more taxes thrown at it has never and will never work.

As a reference point to this I can direct you to the US Armed Forces and Defense Budget. Very few have any quarrels or even bat an eye that the US spends over $790 billion every year on "defense" spending, which is more than the next 10 highest spending countries combined. 790 billion dollars of tax money. US defense spending has probably created more advancements in  technology, transportation, and material science than anyone can imagine. Just a thought......

4 hours ago, 67RModel said:

As a reference point to this I can direct you to the US Armed Forces and Defense Budget. Very few have any quarrels or even bat an eye that the US spends over $790 billion every year on "defense" spending, which is more than the next 10 highest spending countries combined. 790 billion dollars of tax money. US defense spending has probably created more advancements in  technology, transportation, and material science than anyone can imagine. Just a thought......

Defense has made advancements sure but does the public get any of those advancements? No, free market companies have to figure out a way to mass manufacture and get the product affordable for the people. We don't bet an eye because we $790 billion is nothing compared to the 7 trillion we spent last year that didn't hardly make any advancements or helped anyone at all. 

• Like 1

Liz Cheney....  2024's version of Hillary Clinton...   Yippie!!!!!  one more (Deplorable) disposable candidate.. 👍  jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
poor sperring..
  • Like 1

You guys missed one point on insurance since Obamacare.  There's an 80/20 law on insurance companies margins.  They have to spend at least 80% of what they collect in premiums on healthcare.  Sounds nice, curtails how much they can charge, right? Wrong. It's a racket.  They just let the hospitals charge more because if the 80% dollar value is higher, then their 20% margin they get to keep can be a higher dollar value too.  

• Like 1

yeah, i remember when this fruitcake came into power this year...  I felt like puking..   Still do...    Its like we are becoming a freak nation...  jojo

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/18/2022 at 10:45 AM, JoeH said:

You guys missed one point on insurance since Obamacare.  There's an 80/20 law on insurance companies margins.  They have to spend at least 80% of what they collect in premiums on healthcare.  Sounds nice, curtails how much they can charge, right? Wrong. It's a racket.  They just let the hospitals charge more because if the 80% dollar value is higher, then their 20% margin they get to keep can be a higher dollar value too.  

Just like gov't contractors and their cost-plus contracts. Doesn't matter WHAT they spend to do the job, the gov't pays them that plus their extra percentage. Absolutely zero incentive to be frugal when spending excessively garners you more net profits.😡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!