Best of Biden

Mack Technician

O.D.  how are you able to post so many pictures? I am trying to post pic's, but I dont have enough MB's..  I reduced the pic size, but still cant post it..  I'm not trying to steal this thread,, maybe P.M. me with the answer...  :)  jojo

Joey, ya can't tax someone that don't work. the new agents are going ot audit the few working people to make sure they are paying their fair share to support all the leaches. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Yep,  TJC,  is it 80,000 more IRS agents are to be hired, to make sure I dont write off the oil change and tune up in my wifes pick up truck, as a business expense..?   jojo

• Like 1

yep,  just saw it too..  you know, recently I have applied to my "County and City" for maintenance jobs..  the package is good,, yes it s a pay cut but the health care and 401k looked good,,  I have had 2 interviews...    Crickets......  I am not a dumbass,  but,,,  really???  what s the issue??  I know the answer, but I'm asking you guys..  Sorry... I havent figured out how to tie this to our KING, to be in line with this thread..   :)  jojo

4 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Yep,  TJC,  is it 80,000 more IRS agents are to be hired, to make sure I dont write off the oil change and tune up in my wifes pick up truck, as a business expense..?   jojo

Well have u ever used your wife’s pickup for business purposes,of course u have..😏

• Haha 1

You are correct sir...  I asked my wife yesterday,,,,   "So I guess I am STUCK being Self Employed, and having to sh!t up Thousands of dollars each year, beyond the norm"  I'm a 1 man show,  so I dont know how to keep most of my earnings..  (Thanks J.B.)  for what its worth,,,  when I average out my weekly money that I can keep, after all is said and done,,   It's under $1000.00/ week..  So there wont be a lake house or a Mistress in my future..  :)  jojo

Yes Bob, there are jobs all around me, but if I'm going to get a job, I would like healthcare and retirement options.. that is why I applied to my city and county.. My Harbor freight store is hiring, $14.80/hr to start..  no Benny's...  I'm ok..  I still do road calls, just trying to ease into a new career..  I'm going to try the highway patrol maint. Dept next..  jojo

From my observation, studying of history, and knowledge of economics this is the problem with the American system and the status quo in this country. Employers refusal to pay a living wage and/or provide benefits except for semi skilled and above jobs and even then the benefits are most times very lacking. $14.80/hr on a 40 hour work week is a little less than $30,000 pre tax dollars. Literal poverty wages regardless of your location within the country. So your only option is to work 60+ hrs/week to make ends meet. I was in a barber shop recently and listening to an old timer say how he couldn't understand how McDonalds and such couldn't get enough workers even at the $15.00/hr they are now offering. He went on to say that he only made $2.75/hr washing dishes at a restaurant in 1970-71. I didn't join his conversation but quietly pulled out my phone and checked an inflation calculator. $2.75 in 1970 is equivalent to $21.00 today. Good luck finding that wage for an entry level job that requires zero skill in todays world. Benefits are the same story. Hollowed out an stolen over the years so more profits are funneled to the top. It's actually rather comical (and sad) to me your healthcare is somehow coupled to your level and/or status of employment in the US. The richest county on earth can't figure out how to provide healthcare as a condition of citizenship. Every other industrialized and developed country got it decades ago.  I often wonder how different the small business landscape would look if healthcare here wasn't such a burden to obtain and/or pay for. Pretty tough to quit your job and start your own gig while always worrying you could get hurt and how you might pay for medical bills or an insane insurance premium. If you have a family it only gets worse. I checked what it would cost me out of pocket per year to buy the exact same health insurance my employer provides my family and I. I forget the exact amount but it was somewhere around $24,000....nuts.

Good luck on your job search Joey. I hope you find something that pays you well enough while still giving you time to play with Mack trucks. ( and contributing on BMT).

• Like 1

Before Obamacare, I was paying 2,400 per year for a very good health insurance plan.

Last year I was paying 2,400 per MONTH for a lousy plan the paid for very little. 

Pretty much paid for blood work, 3/4 of a  doctor visit and all but $5 of prescriptions as long as I used generic drugs.

The current Medicare plan I found is $70 per month, and covers just about everything I would need

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Thanks 67'..  I am moving slow and steady on the job search.  I am starting near the top of the quality job postings.  Hopefully I won't have to lower my expectations much more..  I know that it will be an adjustment, going from self employed to employed..  as far as Mack Trucks,. I just starting to turn my tool room on my shop, into a rebuild room..  Engines and Mack tranny's..  I hope to have it closed in better, and insulated in a couple months..  it is 12x16 feet..  I can do 2 engines at a time and have room to move and keep parts separated..  I am currently finishing an E-Tech, and I have an ENDT 673 in the back of the main shop..  There is the possibility that I won't get hired by the city or county,,. So I am trying to prepare for that..  I am getting tired of road calls.. However,  I did build 2 Mack engines last month, and yesterday, test drove a CXN that I just replaced the from carrier housing, all Z-springs, brakes, seals, etc: plus I fixed the synchro shifter in the 310 Tranny..  all for the same customer..  they do provide a big shop for me..  The owner wants me to start working on his B Model collection too..  Yes, I don't sound like I'm job hunting,. But I am holding out for a Smart move..  As far as BMT..  I won't stop being a part of this great group...  I found a great thing here, with many great guys..  Jojo