Best of Biden

Mack Technician

Paul Hogan he sure disappeared in a hurry I heard over on Australia they didn’t know why we were making such a big deal out of him :  I did see part of crocodile Dundee. Not the entire movie or what I saw it was pretty good completely forgot about him until you just posted that …

On 6/12/2022 at 4:37 PM, tjc transport said:

the sideboards for my 04 F350 flatbed cost $35 when i put them together 8 years ago. 

the weather has done a number on them, so i decided it was time to replace them. 3 8 foot 1X10's and 2 8 foot 2X3's.   two weeks ago was $175.

and i still need 36 1 1/2 inch galvanized deck screws to put it all together, and 1 gallon of boiled linseed oil to protect the wood. 

My 96 F250 in 2004 (8 years old) when I bought it was less than $5K. Straight cab, 8' bed, 460, 5-speed, 4x4.

Just saw a 2003 (19 years old) Dodge crew cab 3500 dually for sale. Cummins, manual transmission, manual transfer case 4x4...$57,900.

My wife is after me to "upgrade" to a truck that seats more than 3...we've got 2 kids, & really do need a truck that can haul the family AND pull the gooseneck...but I ain't paying $58K for a 20 year old truck. For comparison, I only paid $38K for my Mack when it was 7 years old...and it was MAKING me money & earning it's keep. Hell, I bought my HOUSE for $60K and it was only 10 years old at the time! Ain't a snowball's chance in HELL I'm going to pay that damn much money for a truck that sits parked in the driveway more than it gets driven & DOESN'T earn me more than it costs to own it.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

i have said many many times i flat out refuse to pay more for a truck than i paid for my house. 

the most i ever paid for a vehicle was $21,000 for the 2014 F250. i used it for 5 years and put 45,000 miles on it. traded it in for a 2018 exploder three months ago.....they gave me $26,000 for it in trade. the exploder was $31,000 so it only cost me $5,000 cash.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..