CoronaFarce-rus

Mack Technician

Falling oil prices are a double-edged sword. While we all enjoy inexpensive gasoline and diesel fuel, financially sound energy companies are an essential part of a national's overall economy, and national security. As we speak, many in the U.S. are heading towards bankruptcy due to these low prices. Yes, they did need to overhaul their business models, shifting from purely "drill, drill, drill!" to generating adequate free cash flow.......and most have now accomplished that. But at these price levels, it's impossible for far too many to escape bankruptcy.

• Like 1

The good news is it’s looks like small separates groups on the beach just like the CDC recommends.

Seriously that beach looks deserted compared to spring break on a normal year

I find it funny that the ones that look like they have never missed a meal are riding and not walking.

There parents are probably in one of the bars

Both of my children are home with me now.

My daughter, the cinema major, is filming my wife’s grade school lessons, so they are both still in school

• Like 1

MarketWatch  /  March 24, 2020

Gov. Andrew Cuomo issued a blistering assessment of Washington’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic Tuesday — with over 25,000 New Yorkers now ill, more than 200 dead and the sickness’s spread accelerating like a “bullet train.”

“The president said it’s a war,” said a visibly angered Cuomo in a press briefing. “Well, then, act like it’s a war!”

Cuomo’s anger boiled over as he spoke at Manhattan’s Javits Center, which is in the process of being converted to a 2,000-bed hospital complex to fight a flood of cases that now stands at 25,665 in the state — with 210 dead — and 14,904 in the city.

The governor accused President Trump, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and the Federal Emergency Management Agency of largely leaving New York to fend for itself.

“People say, politicians say. I look at actions, not words,” fumed Cuomo. “They’re doing the supplies? Here’s my question. Where are they?”

At the top of Cuomo’s list of grievances was the mere 400 ventilators that FEMA has committed to sending the city — a fraction of the 30,000 that he says the state will require when the contagion hits with its full force.

“You want a pat on the back for sending 400 ventilators?” asked Cuomo. “What are we going to do with 400 ventilators?

“You pick the 26,000 people who are going to die,” said Cuomo — so incensed that he misstated the 29,600 New Yorkers who would actually be left without the life-saving equipment.

Cuomo invoked his most dire terms yet with the worst of the plague bearing down with increasing speed, and now as little as two weeks away.

“We’re not slowing it, and it is accelerating on its own,” said Cuomo, noting that number of cases in New York is now doubling every three days.

“The [disease] forecaster said to me, ‘We were looking at a freight train coming across the country,’” Cuomo related.

“‘We’re now looking at a bullet train.’”

The rate has led experts to project an eventual peak demand of 140,000 hospital beds — up from the 110,000 that Cuomo had previously predicted.

The state has only about 53,000 permanent hospital beds.

The increased rate also led Cuomo to project that the worst could hit in as little as two weeks.

“It accelerates the apex, to a point where it could be as close as 14 to 21 days,” he said. “The apex is higher than we thought, and the apex is sooner than we thought.”

With the worst still ahead, Cuomo balked at Trump’s suggestion that America abandon social-distancing and restart its economy sooner rather than later.

“This is unsustainable, that we close down the economy and we continue to spend money,” he acknowledged. “But if you ask the American people to choose between public health and the economy, then it’s no contest.

“No American is going to say, ‘Accelerate the economy at the cost of human life.’

“What is this, some modern Darwinian theory of natural selection?” asked Cuomo. “If you can’t keep up, then you just fall be the wayside of life? God forbid.”

The increased rate also led Cuomo to project that the worst could hit in as little as two weeks.”

The rate has led experts to project an eventual peak demand of 140,000 hospital beds — up from the 110,000 that Cuomo had previously predicted.

Where is cuomo getting his facts? How does he know when the apex is hitting and how many it will affect or is he just hyping in what ifs and I feels?

Edited by HeavyGunner

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Just now, hatcity said:

he just added- if you have been to the NY area in the past 10 days, you have to check in

oh, and another gem-some wealthy person had a "Grand Soiree" at her home in Westport, CT. Guests were from South Africa, west coast, and you guessed it-NY
Westport is now the hot spot for CT

Money does not equal brains

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

On 3/23/2020 at 11:37 AM, kscarbel2 said:

Falling oil prices are a double-edged sword. While we all enjoy inexpensive gasoline and diesel fuel, financially sound energy companies are an essential part of a national's overall economy, and national security. As we speak, many in the U.S. are heading towards bankruptcy due to these low prices. Yes, they did need to overhaul their business models, shifting from purely "drill, drill, drill!" to generating adequate free cash flow.......and most have now accomplished that. But at these price levels, it's impossible for far too many to escape bankruptcy.

When oil is low so are are the metal pricing. Scrap price is in  the toilet.   When my dirt business slows up in the summer I reclaim ferrous and non ferrous materials in a scrap  yard. If price is below 100$ per ton it's not feasible for me. I like it when I I reclaim a 1000 ton a year. Helps me thru the winter. Oil is a double edged sword. 

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

9 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

The increased rate also led Cuomo to project that the worst could hit in as little as two weeks.”

The rate has led experts to project an eventual peak demand of 140,000 hospital beds — up from the 110,000 that Cuomo had previously predicted.

Where is cuomo getting his facts? How does he know when the apex is hitting and how many it will affect or is he just hyping in what ifs and I feels?

From his tough guy brother Chris "frodo" Coumo on what ever lame stream "news" show he has

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Already $23 trillion in debt, I suppose another $2 trillion doesn't matter.

However, the American taxpayer does deserve a detailed ledger of exactly how that money is intended to be spent, and end confirmation of how it was spent. But good luck with that.

1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

Already $23 trillion in debt, I suppose another $2 trillion doesn't matter.

However, the American taxpayer does deserve a detailed ledger of exactly how that money is intended to be spent, and end confirmation of how it was spent. But good luck with that.

I downloaded all 1,417 pages and went through it. This is only some of what is contained in their Bill, did not see much for business or the lower and middle class. Just a ton of Pet Projects and an immediate revamp of the voting system before the 2020 election .

$300,000,000 for ‘‘Violence Against Women Prevention and Prosecution Programs’’

$100,000,000 for ‘‘Juvenile Justice Programs’’

$100,000,000 for ‘‘Construction and Environmental Compliance and Restoration’’

$200,000,000 for ‘‘Community Development Financial Institutions Fund Program Account’’

$25,000,000,000 for payment to the ‘‘Postal Service Fund’’, for revenue forgone due to the coronavirus pandemic

$3,000,000 for ‘‘Forest and Rangeland Research’’

$7,000,000 for ‘‘Wildland Fire Management’’

$7,500,000 for the Smithsonian Institution, for ‘‘Salaries and Expenses’’

$90,000,000 for ‘‘Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program’’

$435,000,000 for ‘‘Health Surveillance and Program Support’’ (SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES)

$1,400,000,000 for ‘‘Low Income Home Energy Assistance’’

$6,000,000,000 for ‘‘Payments to States for the Child Care and Development Block Grant’’

$5,202,000,000 for ‘‘Children and Families Services Programs’’ including “Head Start” and Summer programs

$100,000,000 for Family Violence Prevention and Services formula grants

$2,000,000, for the National Domestic Violence Hotline

$100,000,000 for carrying out activities under the Runaway and Homeless Youth Act

$1,500,000,000 for necessary expenses for grants for assisting low-income households, as defined by the grantee, in paying their water and wastewater utility costs

$1,205,000,000 an additional amount for ‘‘Aging and Disability Services Programs’’

$200,000,000 an additional amount for ‘‘Safe Schools and Citizenship Education’’, to supplement funds otherwise available for the ‘‘Project School Emergency Response to Violence program’’

$7,000,000 an additional amount for ‘‘Gallaudet University’’ (Gallaudet University is a federally chartered private university for the education of the deaf and hard of hearing. It is located in Washington, D.C. on a 99-acre campus.)

$75,000,000 an additional amount for ‘‘Student Aid Administration’’

$13,000,000 an additional amount for ‘‘Howard University’’ (Howard University is a private, federally chartered historically black university in Washington, D.C.)

$250,000,000 an additional amount for the ‘‘Corporation for National and Community Service’’

$300,000,000 an additional amount for ‘‘Corporation for Public Broadcasting’’ (examples are NPR which is anti-Trump and PBS)

$25,000,000 an additional amount for ‘‘Capital Construction and Operations’’

$300,000,000 an additional amount for ‘‘Migration and Refugee Assistance’’

$100,000,000 for grants to Indian tribes for carrying out the Indian Community Development Block Grant program, as authorized under title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974

$130,000,000 an additional amount for carrying out the ‘‘Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS’’ program, as authorized by the AIDS Housing Opportunity Act

$15,000,000,000 an additional amount for ‘‘Community Development Fund’’

$7,000,000 an additional amount for ‘‘Fair Housing Activities’’

$3,000,0000,000 to fully implement the Initiative to Build Growth Equity Funds for Minority Businesses

$300,000,000 to purchase qualified agricultural products for the purpose of donating the products to food assistance pro grams

“any outstanding debt of the United States Postal Service owed to the Treasury pursuant to sections 2005 and 2011 of title 5, United States Code, on the date of the enactment of this Act is hereby cancelled”

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul, I'm thinking this is the Pelosi wished-for bill, not the final outcome. I read the text hasn't been released yet. What's the link to that info?

On a side note, I imagine preferential recipients Boeing and the airlines are thrilled. Note that Wall Street is not.

Wait 2 to 3 weeks from now when oil tanks down to the low teens, and virus is peaking in the US. Markets and the economy will be reeling.

And finally, this package is not going to stop the recession that is coming.

• Like 1

I hope the voters remember who was tossing this crap into a stimulus bill to help people who are out of work when election time rolls around. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The universally despised CNN is reporting the bill includes:

$324 million for the State Department, PLUS more money specifically for "evacuation expenses." The proposed legislation doesn't specify who would be evacuated, whether it's US diplomats or American citizens living overseas, or both.

$88 million for the Peace Corps
$324 million for diplomatic programs
$258 million for international disaster assistance
$350 million for migration and refugee assistance
$95 million for USAID operating expenses

Mr/Ms Taxpayer will pay $32 billion in grants for airline employee wages and benefits (grants - free money that doesn't get paid back).

14 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Ya, all sounds good, but the construction company we hire out to is sending a crew of their guys north for a highway job. So, a bunch of guys in crew cab pickups, and two to a motel room in a rural town which may or may not even have any restaurants open.

And the mine my buddy works for...they are still operating. They have big greyhound buses that they bus their men in for the two hour ride to the mine. Once there, sure you have your own room and washroom.....but they all have to eat in a common dining room.

Still lots of stuff like that going on.

This is too spot on not to interest a few.

Sylvia Browne, a psychic who claimed she started receiving premonitions at age 5. She died in 2013.

In 2008 at age 71 she published a book with this prediction:

"In around 2020, a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments. Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it arrived, attack again ten years later, and then disappear completely."

The book is called "End of Days: Predictions and Prophecies About the End of the World" and has shot up to No. 2 on Amazon's nonfiction chart.

Photo 2.jpg

Spending some time up near a BMT Corona civilian hero this week, Keith Pommering. He’s in his retirement years by Bemidji, but also risking his hide town hopping Northern Minnesota distributing (precious) toilet paper with a 27’ box van. Really wanted to stop and see his Mack A series project, instead chatted on the phone.  

Corona bug-out plan A has been implemented. Grabbed our BMT fuel salesman Kamp, stocked the wife and kids with groceries and jumped across to Minnesota to drop on Leech Lake.....well before the “stay home” order was announced. You guys let us know when this is over. Bait stores don’t close up here.....essential business. 

Good bye to civilization at the Grand Vu boat landing.....

EE63FF43-5B7A-4BB1-BA58-BB83F4E33E92.thumb.jpeg.2e9b87366e6b13f038830f643d49de2e.jpeg

• Like 1