CoronaFarce-rus

Mack Technician

I've been waiting patiently to see my first Corona Balona's and I got it. For your viewing pleasure I present Mr. and Mrs. Coronatard. They have been running all over Wausau, pushing down pregnant women, frantically collecting all the water the local stores will let them buy. Unfortunately for our greed riddled survivalists they failed to tie down the slippery flats of water and sent much of the filthy lucre over the top rail of the trailer...… I couldn't get all the bottles in the pic, but they were spread out for 60 feet. Poor Mrs. C was on her hands and knees tonguing the pavement to lap up that precious live saving Corona cure.

1759584120_Hoarders.thumb.jpg.71b0395f73ed5fcee3165f20cfa37a4d.jpg    

1582567774_hoarders2.thumb.jpg.605520e4961f23938816e2e953d1f863.jpg

Not sure if it’s nation wide or just Montana but the end of the news clip I heard in the radio today said DOT would let you haul 10% over legal weight if you were hauling any kind of corona virus supplies. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

2 hours ago, tenfive0 said:

I was trying to remain silent, politically correct with truck content to be true to the forum. Still wouldn't buy a used truck from him no matter what business he's in. He might be a nice guy I really don't give a rats behind.

We need to be prepared but WTF is with ALL the hysteria? We all need to wake the hell up. There is a higher being, call it what you will? Let nature take is course. No government intervention will save use from ourselves. These assholes are not GODS or anyone I need to turn to save me if I want to be saved. I'm pretty confident no matter the Human Species will survive. Even without Jack Ma or our Government to save us. This isn't the end of the world.. I'm older in age and I've done my part to propagate my species.  I screwed like a primate when I could.

The government did to much or didn't do enough. It don't f_ucking matter. I have two Son's I tried to rise them the best I could. They are both hard working and take NOTHING FOR GRANTED. The sad thing is they have no interest in propagating because of what we have become. A bunch or pantie wastes crying and sniveling for a free hand hand out or help from someone other then ourselves.

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste". This is an opportunity for our government to do things they could not do or get away with before. I live in Pennsylvania and our Governor has done his best to shut down the entire state. Our schools, courts and OUR Capitial Building is closed to the public. The Capitial isn't closed the the Governor, State House and Senate Members. Do as I say not as I do. I want to know what's going on in there while we're preoccupied by them and not allowed to be there or to look inside.They are trying to pass a health Bill that I do not agree with that could take away more of our right as citizens without any citizens input. WTF and we shouldn't be concerned? Really we are worried about how we are going to wipe our asses. RIDICULOUS, stupid AMERICANS.. THIS IS ONLY A TEST. The governor of The People's Republic of New Jersey just announced stay home, no non-essential travel between 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM. The National Guard will assist if necessary. Sound like a curfew and martial law to me. Well I live in Pennsylvania and I'm beating our Governor will not be out dune by Murphy and get on the TV with all the other talking heads to do the same. It seems like everyone one what's their 15 minutes of fame.  

I'm all for being prepared and we might be better to error on the side of caution. My local township has a fire department and they are prepared for a fire before it starts. This might be a crisis but it's being manufactured to be a "SERIOUS CRISIS". The world has been through it all before and it will go through it again. History repeats itself. We should be asking? What did we learn the last time and how can we be better prepared? No one knows how bad it will get no matter how much they what us to believe their bullshi_. Unfortunately there will be suffering and some people WILL DIE. I'm not a fortune teller but if I survive in a year I'll might be able to tell you how bad it was. I hope I can tell you how bad it wasn't. We only hear the bad shi_. There are people who have and are surviving this shi_ but we are only hearing about those who died as a result. Remember, we are all here because our great-grandparents, grandparents. or parents SURVIVED the Spanish Flu of 1918. No one has a crystal ball and as far as I'm concerned it's all bullsh_ until proven otherwise. I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I'm done with this and might interject back to the topic next year God willing if I survive. I might walk out my door or be in my house and hit by a meteor and KILLED.   

Talk about where’s the hysteria re-read your post and I say that without any sarcasm or snark intended. Why would you do anything besides say thank you to someone who is donating to the crisis?  That’s what other two bit countries who always take from the US do. Let nature take its course? I suppose you reject all western medicine that will keep you alive then? True there doesn’t need to be pandemonium but remember most of the morons in the world watch stupid shows like preppers so this is how they think they need to react. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

Seriously, this is beyond sickening. What is going to happen if there ever was a REAL crisis? We're all doomed. The world is ending over flu. What would happen in a world war 3???

I just talked to someone here that works at Walmart in town. They open at 8 am but said when they show up for work at 7am there are already over 100 people lined up outside.

For what?????

My friend just went to the liquor store. Said it was packed shoulder to shoulder, people swearing at each other and the shelves all empty.

And forget about finding any kind of paper product or food.

And you can't even talk any sense to any of these idiots.

2 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Seriously, this is beyond sickening. What is going to happen if there ever was a REAL crisis? We're all doomed. The world is ending over flu. What would happen in a world war 3???

I just talked to someone here that works at Walmart in town. They open at 8 am but said when they show up for work at 7am there are already over 100 people lined up outside.

For what?????

My friend just went to the liquor store. Said it was packed shoulder to shoulder, people swearing at each other and the shelves all empty.

And forget about finding any kind of paper product or food.

And you can't even talk any sense to any of these idiots.

This will work out, let me explain....

I changed my tune about the food hoarding sect of Coronatards. Let them hoard and be well fed for now so they don’t turn to cannablism right away, because then the fools will REALLY be a handful.

The toilet paper hoarding sect will get their’s eventually. All non paper hoarders will smell and look terrible once things dry up and get itchy. Food hoarders will eventually run out, be disgusted by the smell of non-hoarders......while TP hoarders will present as clean, fresh and “grade A” for consumption by the cannibals. 

Joking aside... today a guy at work came back from his vacation in Mexico. SURPRISE, welcome back! Work told him to go home for 14 days before he could return because he traveled. I didn’t see the memo that came out, but my supervisor says anyone seen exhibiting any sign of illness at work, like a cough, will be instructed to leave. 

The tp hoarding is ridiculous. Ever heard of a wash cloth, washing machine and a bath? Problem solved. Could also get the origins of the saying “getting the s%!? end of the stick” too. 

33 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

The tp hoarding is ridiculous. Ever heard of a wash cloth, washing machine and a bath? Problem solved. Could also get the origins of the saying “getting the s%!? end of the stick” too. 

People are so brainwashed by the profuse marketing blared at them from corporations with something to sell, (toilet paper in this case) they have never had to experience, (or even know of) other options prior to convenience products being developed. When my daughter in law first come around she was appalled that all we had was an "outhouse" to use at our family property, no running water, and "only", a trailer house for eating, sleeping, and getting out of the rain. The mobile home was actually a step up from the original surplus Army mess tent in the years prior.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Salt Lake City Police Department (SLCPD)

March 14, 2020

"Due to the confirmed case of #COVIDー19 from community spread, SLCPD is asking all criminal activities/nefarious behavior to cease until further notice. We appreciate your anticipated cooperation in halting crime & thank criminals in advance. We will let you know when you can return to your normal criminal behavior. #SocialDistancingNow #behaveyourself

Also, find more information about #coronavirus here: https://www.slc.gov/mayor/covid-19/"

https://www.facebook.com/slcpd/posts/3115773975102552?_fb_noscript=1

Coronavirus vaccine test opens with 1st doses

Associated Press  /  March 15, 2020

SEATTLE — U.S. researchers gave the first shots in a first test of an experimental coronavirus vaccine Monday, leading off a worldwide hunt for protection even as the pandemic surges.

With careful jabs in the arms of four healthy volunteers, scientists at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute in Seattle began an anxiously awaited first-stage study of a potential COVID-19 vaccine developed in record time after the new virus exploded out of China and fanned out across the globe.

The Associated Press observed as the study’s first participant, an operations manager at a small tech company, received the injection in an exam room.

Monday’s milestone marked just the beginning of a series of studies in people needed to prove whether the shots are safe and could work. Even if the research goes well, a vaccine would not be available for widespread use for 12 to 18 months, said Dr. Anthony Fauci of the U.S. National Institutes of Health.

At a news conference, President Donald Trump praised how quickly the research had progressed. Fauci noted that 65 days have passed since Chinese scientists shared the virus’ genetic sequence. He said he believed that was a record for developing a vaccine to test.

This vaccine candidate, code-named mRNA-1273, was developed by the NIH and Massachusetts-based biotechnology company Moderna Inc. There’s no chance participants could get infected because the shots do not contain the coronavirus itself.

It’s not the only potential vaccine in the pipeline. Dozens of research groups around the world are racing to create a vaccine against COVID-19. Another candidate, made by Inovio Pharmaceuticals, is expected to begin its own safety study next month in the U.S., China and South Korea.

The Seattle experiment got underway days after the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the new virus outbreak a pandemic because of its rapid global spread, which has infected more than 169,000 people and killed more than 6,500.

Starting what scientists call a first-in-humans study is a momentous occasion for scientists, but Jackson described her team’s mood as “subdued.” They’ve been working around-the-clock readying the research in a part of the U.S. struck early and hard by the virus.

Still, “going from not even knowing that this virus was out there ... to have any vaccine” in testing in about two months is unprecedented, Jackson told the AP.

Some of the study’s carefully chosen healthy volunteers, ages 18 to 55, will get higher dosages than others to test how strong the inoculations should be. Scientists will check for any side effects and draw blood samples to test if the vaccine is revving up the immune system, looking for encouraging clues like the NIH earlier found in vaccinated mice.

“We don’t know whether this vaccine will induce an immune response or whether it will be safe. That’s why we’re doing a trial,” Jackson stressed. “It’s not at the stage where it would be possible or prudent to give it to the general population.”

Most of the vaccine research under way globally targets a protein aptly named “spike” that studs the surface of the new coronavirus and lets it invade human cells. Block that protein and people cannot get infected.

Researchers at the NIH copied the section of the virus’ genetic code that contains the instructions for cells to create the spike protein. Moderna encased that “messenger RNA” into a vaccine.

The idea: The body will become a mini-factory, producing some harmless spike protein. When the immune system spots the foreign protein, it will make antibodies to attack — and be primed to react quickly if the person later encounters the real virus.

That’s a much faster way of producing a vaccine than the traditional approach of growing virus in the lab and preparing shots from either killed or weakened versions of it.

But because vaccines are given to millions of healthy people, it takes time to test them in large enough numbers to spot an uncommon side effect, cautioned Dr. Nelson Michael of the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, which is developing a different vaccine candidate.

“The science can go very quickly but, first, do no harm, right?” he told reporters last week.

The Seattle research institute is part of a government network that tests all kinds of vaccines and was chosen for the coronavirus vaccine study before COVID-19 began spreading widely in Washington state.

Kaiser Permanente screened dozens of people, looking for those who have no chronic health problems and are not currently sick. Researchers are not checking whether would-be volunteers already had a mild case of COVID-19 before deciding if they are eligible.

If some did, scientists will be able to tell by the number of antibodies in their pre-vaccination blood test and account for that, Jackson said.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

People are so brainwashed by the profuse marketing blared at them from corporations with something to sell, (toilet paper in this case) they have never had to experience, (or even know of) other options prior to convenience products being developed. When my daughter in law first come around she was appalled that all we had was an "outhouse" to use at our family property, no running water, and "only", a trailer house for eating, sleeping, and getting out of the rain. The mobile home was actually a step up from the original surplus Army mess tent in the years prior.

My dad told me when he was a kid his dad and all his uncles got together and dug in a water line to my great grandparents house. Gramma finally got a sink and a washing machine. Grandpa put the kibosh on the bathroom. Told my dad nobody’s going to crap in my house, that’s gross. Dad said it would be below zero and great grandpa would bundle up and go spend 30 minutes in the outhouse doing his business and reading the news paper. 

Edited by HeavyGunner
Damn autocorrect
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fjh said:

Guys I think if we save enough people they will still be able to pay taxes!Now Thats Important!

Corona goes specifically after boomers on social security benefits who have expensive preconditions and, ironically, spares future taxpayers (kids)...... right now Uncle Sam’s doing some soul searching on an incentive for vaccine development? 

Well fellas we are our on way to Greybull WY to pickup the C119  normally you get your approval number stop at the Port of Entry pick up your permit and motor on, they said this time they will be emailing our permit and do not want us in their Port, Think I'll develop the sniffles if I get pulled over I will be on my way real fast, this might be a good thing, on the other hand the permit co. said that TX and LA have closed their permit offices and only self issue are being issued  ??  I bet IL. will close before we get there or they won't have cops cause they are busy protecting the pharmacy, at 20 feet plus wide we will get cops in IA. IL. and IN. this may be a really long trip. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, david wild said:

Well fellas we are our on way to Greybull WY to pickup the C119  normally you get your approval number stop at the Port of Entry pick up your permit and motor on, they said this time they will be emailing our permit and do not want us in their Port, Think I'll develop the sniffles if I get pulled over I will be on my way real fast, this might be a good thing, on the other hand the permit co. said that TX and LA have closed their permit offices and only self issue are being issued  ??  I bet IL. will close before we get there or they won't have cops cause they are busy protecting the pharmacy, at 20 feet plus wide we will get cops in IA. IL. and IN. this may be a really long trip. 

Don’t forget to make the detour on 14 and stop by the Winchester museum and the Buffalo bill museum in Cody 😁. In all seriousness it’s well worth it if you ever get the chance to see it. Give yourself lots of time there’s 3 museums there and all full of history. 

Edited by HeavyGunner

3 hours ago, fjh said:

Guys I think if we save enough people they will still be able to pay taxes!Now Thats Important!

Utah Sen. Mitt Romney has a plan he thinks can help: Give every adult in the US $1,000.

“Every American adult over 18 should immediately receive $1,000 to help ensure families and workers can meet their short-term obligations and increase spending in the economy,” a press release from Romney said Monday. “Congress took similar action during the 2001 and 2008 recessions. While expansions of paid leave, unemployment insurance, and SNAP benefits [the program formally known as food stamps] are crucial, the check will help fill the gaps for Americans that may not quickly navigate different government options.”

The proposal to give every adult $1,000 is one of several put forth by Romney to try and address the pandemic causing panic in ALL Americans.

More crap for the "GIMMES Basement dwellers.''   Only thing I got free from the Gubernment was Olive green clothes and a rifle   ;)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

41 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

Utah Sen. Mitt Romney has a plan he thinks can help: Give every adult in the US $1,000.

“Every American adult over 18 should immediately receive $1,000 to help ensure families and workers can meet their short-term obligations and increase spending in the economy,” a press release from Romney said Monday. “Congress took similar action during the 2001 and 2008 recessions. While expansions of paid leave, unemployment insurance, and SNAP benefits [the program formally known as food stamps] are crucial, the check will help fill the gaps for Americans that may not quickly navigate different government options.”

The proposal to give every adult $1,000 is one of several put forth by Romney to try and address the pandemic causing panic in ALL Americans.

More crap for the "GIMMES Basement dwellers.''   Only thing I got free from the Gubernment was Olive green clothes and a rifle   ;)

Bush tried it and I believe Obama did as well.  The “stimulus Package” didn’t work either time. Handing taxpayers their money back to just hand back to the government through taxes when it’s spent is a joke. 

• Like 2

I take the politician's pontifications with a heap o' salt, but I pay attention to the scientists. They tell us that this is a flu on steroids with at least ten times the normal lethality. We have no vaccines for it and it's spreading at a logarithmic rate. And if you don't want those unprepared young folks taking over our world, remember that we old folks are the most likely to die, especially if we're smokers. So if you don't want these young people digging through your shop, throwing all your treasures, and burying you alone to maintain social distancing, take precautions and maintain social distancing now!   

• Like 1

Croatia is ahead of the game! All countries should do this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reuters  /  March 17, 2020

Croatia’s government proposed on Tuesday to postpone tax payments for at least three months and make loans available to struggling business in response to the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic.

“The goal of our economic measures is to save jobs and secure sufficient liquidity,” Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic told a cabinet session. Parliament is expected to approve the measures this week.

The postponement of tax payments on profit and income, as well as other salary contributions, will be extended for an additional three months if needed.

Finance Minister Zdravko Maric said at the end of the six-month period, taxpayers would be able to pay overdue taxes in up to 24 monthly installments without any interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This just in from the White House:

MarketWatch  /  March 17, 2020

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Tuesday said President Trump has authorized the deferral of $300 billion in payments to the IRS.

Mnuchin said if individuals owe a payment, they can defer up to $1 million, and corporations may defer $10 million.

The deferrals will be penalty-free for 90 days as the U.S. grapples with the coronavirus crisis.