waking her up in the cold

13 hours ago, Whiskymack said:

The truck is looking fantastic. Looks great in the snow!  I still think the long hood Hayward Macks were the best looking ever! I'll bet her bark is great too!

Didn't you pick up a 36inch Able Body sleeper as well a few years back? 

Yes I did. about 7 years ago or so.... I still have it just waiting to get the truck under shed so I can repaint it and put the bunk on. the bunk needs a restoration as well but it has the dual cutouts already

16 hours ago, Lmackattack said:

Yes I did. about 7 years ago or so.... I still have it just waiting to get the truck under shed so I can repaint it and put the bunk on. the bunk needs a restoration as well but it has the dual cutouts already

Trent, if you once find another such one with double cut outs and better somewhere coast sidey please let me know.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Trent,

I came across this site featuring your truck. https://www.duncanputman.com/truck-of-the-month/2019/april/

It mentions that you fitted a wet kit. My current model project is a DM800 with tri axle East dump trailer from the Stephen Segal Movie 'Fire Down Below'. I'd have thought it should have a wet kit but I can't see a tank on any of the images: apart from tool boxes, air and diesel tanks there doesn't seem to be any other stuff on the frame. Is it possible to have a wet kit without a tank or could the tank be mounted on the trailer rather than the Tractor? 

Any help appreciated, 

Alastair

FIRE_DOWN_BELOW_D4 - 00hr 50min 31sec.bmp

You see them both ways around here; on the trailer, or the tractor. Usually trailer mounted kits are driven by a driveline from the tractor via simple driveshaft. This is usual when the tractor does more than one purpose such as dump trailer, sludge pumping, or in many cases, anhydrous work.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

42 minutes ago, Brian L Blaylock said:

It is rather common in my area to convert a fuel tank into a hydraulic tank for the wet kit

Yup. For local work it's the cat's meow. No additional weight for oil and use of a fuel tank not needed for fuel.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looks and sounds good Trent.

Without having to blind incoming traffic, my Perlux lights do great for lighting up the road.  I did finally get the adjusters loosened up to aim my headlights better.  That along with wiring in relays, I can see surprisingly well even on back roads.

I'm not a fanatic about originality of lights, but any LED headlight is blinding when oncoming.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...