Couple of Super's

15 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

The yellow and white Superliner - I think 1988, is same owner from new and continues to work daily as livestock and hay transport, it now has a Cat 600 hp and 18 spd Mack box on Neway rears - owner/driver is a gentleman

Andrew Kerr name seems to ring a bell

Last time I  saw it was going thru my old home town with a B double load of sheep on

Paul

Yes you would have seen John around Kerang, just up the road from his home of Bendigo and at that time it would have had the E9 motor. And I have been going thru Kerang since I was a baby, my dad's transport business was at Robinvale/Euston since 1951, now owned by Pickering.

And lots of Macks were owned in Mildura/Buronga and surrounding towns, mainly B models, afterwards Macks were not popular.

In the broad area up there, Alan Linnet at Balarnald is about only Mack owner this is his series 1 Superliner. Maybe there are some Macks that the Cockies are hiding on their wheat farms that only come out of their kennels during harvest time!!!

Alan Linnet Superliner series 1.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

Yes you would have seen John around Kerang, just up the road from his home of Bendigo and at that time it would have had the E9 motor. And I have been going thru Kerang since I was a baby, my dad's transport business was at Robinvale/Euston since 1951, now owned by Pickering.

And lots of Macks were owned in Mildura/Buronga and surrounding towns, mainly B models, afterwards Macks were not popular.

In the broad area up there, Alan Linnet at Balarnald is about only Mack owner this is his series 1 Superliner. Maybe there are some Macks that the Cockies are hiding on their wheat farms that only come out of their kennels during harvest time!!!

Alan Linnet Superliner series 1.jpg

Very nice looking Super's. I remember them back in 91/92 when I was in Australia. The Mack V8's made that distinctive popping sound.

Sorry to drift off topic a bit but I spent a couple of months picking grapes in Robinvale in early 92. I hitched a couple of rides with a local family trucking business run by a guy called Wally Williams. They had a couple of Kenworths, W900A and T600A and an old Diamond Reo. I can't exactly remember the trading name of the business but Robinvale Transport Group kind of rings a faint bell. I wondered if they are still going?

• Like 1

Dunno about not many about Kerang 

In one street there is 3 R's one F at least 3 CH 

And I know of another R model anda fella I know fairly well had his series 1 Super liner at Wacol and still has his R model, it just sits now as he has aged a bit but still loves it even though he doesnt drive it 

A fella at Koondrook has a few R models that are used every day 

There's still a few around considering the age, a lot of this has to do with the climate as well 

Paul

Australia has the coolest trucks! The first two could be really nice too, but I don't know why so many people have the desire to put those big ugly front bumpers on everything?

Nothing worse than a nice classic with a snow plow on the front.

Speaking of Australia, and I see what looks to be one of their old ones in that lineup......that company Heavy Haul Australia used to have a whole fleet of the nicest Mack's I have ever seen.

Another giant company that managed to bankrupt itself.

Here's the full series of tv shows about them for those who have never seen them.

Whiskymack

While it is off topic, yes I have known Wally Williams since I was a child, sadly he now has dementia. I have not seen him for many years although another friend has been keeping in touch, I will try get an update. And yes it RTG, he owned this with his brother Billy Williams.

I have some pictures of their earlier trucks and I will post them in the other trucks section on this site soon.

And Heavy Haul Australia - all arrogance and a flawed business model, massive debt and not enough work for all players in the game, he thought he could clean up the competition, the long hard working operators. Instead self imploded. The blue Superliner picture attached is an ex HHA truck and as good as new.

P1011541.JPG

8 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

And Heavy Haul Australia - all arrogance and a flawed business model, massive debt and not enough work for all players in the game, he thought he could clean up the competition, the long hard working operators. Instead self imploded.

For the second Time, Too. I might Add...

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

There you go, it is public knowledge of HHA, and I had not heard 2nd time - they dont loose their spots is the saying.

And yes beautiful trucks but paid indirectly - the unsecured creditors!!!

And how he spoke to his people, for the world to hear and see. I watched no more than 15 minutes of 1 of the shows, saw how he acted and shut my TV never to watch the HHA shows again, even with the beaut trucks.