Where is Billy T

36 minutes ago, Rob said:

In reality the site is not what it used to be. 

Personal politics and political correctness has taken it's toll on this and many other dedicated forums. Coupled with incessant blabbering about nothing, or the same thing over and over really gets annoying and dispatches participation.

Pretty much gone are the crowd whom formerly looked forward to the BMT site as a knowledge base and source of entertainment. This has been replaced by people whom only partipate when they have a problem with no desire to share in the comraderie fostered in the early days. Personal politics and political correctness dealt this and many other dedicated forums a death blow being allowed to fester like an open and untreated wound.

All this is easily verfied just looking back at the membership roster for names and dates of last participation. 

Still a lot of nice people here whom try to add but far more solely on the take. It can be better but it needs driven that way and this includes ridding the site of undesirables. 

Site moderation with a set of balls hanging on em would be a great first step.

Thanks Rob and AMEN!!!!!

Going back to my hole.....

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

40 minutes ago, j hancock said:

OK. I will take the bait.

Who are the "undesirables" that need to be dismissed?

We have personal politics AND political correctness?  How can we have both at the same time?

"Coupled with incessant blabbering about nothing, or the same thing over and over really gets annoying and dispatches participation."  Boy, I am in deep because I keep talking about Mack Trucks.

I better do some thinking on this...

Did someone cite you as a problem? I don't think so. Cross yourself off the list and let your beltloop out a notch. Nothing wrong with talking about trucks. To the best of my knowledge that is what the site was set up for. 

From your join date it appears you came around as many of the original troupe were departing. Read back through the amount of site benefactors whom no longer participate; many of whom I remain in contact with. I'm not shooting from the hip here as something that did work, doesn't any longer.

Maybe you really should do some deep thinking on this.

Undesirables is a generic term. I wager you probably realize that but are looking to prompt conversation.

I don't like partisan politics. I prefer to do and support what is best for the masses.

Best,

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'm new to this forum and I came here seeking info. My guess about some people is maybe they don't have anything to offer so that's why they don't. There has been a handful of folks posting pics trying to help myself and I certainly appreciate it. Although I have been wrenching for 40 years I've been unfamiliar with Mack and away from Mack for 25 years since I sold my trucks and focused on wrenching so I find this site helpful.

As far as politics and political correctness, (THERE IS A TIME AND PLACE FOR EVERYTHING) BMT is the place to discuss old Mack trucks, old trucks and related interests. There are forums available for political views as well as many other interests if one has the desire to  express themselves in those areas.

MACK The Greatest name in trucks!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I do hope Billy T is fit and healthy 

These threads (think thats what you call them) can certainly take on a  life of there own 😄

Yes the forum has changed and in lots of ways it only has got better 

I dont posy as much as I used to and once I was on 4 forums regularly now just 2 

Life gets so busy and my eye lidsare faulty and shut of their own accord when I sit down at the end of the day

Keep the dream alive people and I hope Billy is fine

Paul 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Paul is a great example. His life has had some changes down in Oz and he doesn't have as much free time as he did for a period. So yes, we hear from Paul less than before (I miss his great videos), but it's not because he's upset with anything at BMT.

I thought the same; never heard him complain about anything; I just read a post & it backed me up where he had been in it; realized I hadn’t heard 1 of his stories in a while. Alaways liked his stories about trucking;  This site really helped me out a bunch, when I had my trucks. I didn’t introduce myself proper but at the time I was trying to get a volvomack to run! I thanked everyone that helped me, if I didn’t I am now! Best information hands down!!!

• Like 1

Exactly. Paul told us in May 2018:

"Things have been very crazy of late and very unsure of what the future will bring 
We sold our sugar cane farm in north Queensland after many years of trying and the wife and I decided we would take some time off and travel around a bit on a working holiday till we decide what we want to do" 

With such a huge change in Paul's life, it's no wonder he became less active. But he still loves us and we all love him.

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/53404-mrsmackpaul/?tab=comments#comment-399268

I am hoping that Billy is well. Never a kinder fellow.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 6:57 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

I dont read to much into who posts and who doesn't

For me life seems to be busier than ever as Im getting older

Theres three topics that in the past were never spoken about in Australia politics, religion and money 

politics because you are free to have your own thoughts and not justify them to anyone or have anyone force theres upon you

religion because you are free to believe what ever you want and no other joker should say who or what you should believe in

And money, we should never speak about money as your either bragging or lumbering someone else with your problems 

Either way your putting someone else on the spot and thats bad manners

What does all this have to do with Billy  T

Not much as he maybe just busy but it is food for thought

Paul 

" ...as Im getting older..."  You too?!! WTF!🤣

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

3 hours ago, other dog said:

I have to go look at Other Truck Makes now...

Now that's how you get people to look at brand X!  :)

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...