Zach Brown’s new Anthem

Thank god Mack made those snail ears optional. First thing I asked the sales rep was can I get one with out the snail ears.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That stripe job would look nice...on a Pinnacle.

I don't hate everything about the Anthem. They should have put that grill and front bumper on the previous generation Pinnacle and left it like that.

I hate those Anthem headlights and the giant screen doors they stole off someone's cottage for the air intakes on the hood.

Edited by Bullheaded

27 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Such a hideous looking gaudy/tacky modification of a Mack CH should be a crime.

Does nothing for me either. I do like the gray base color however, but far too much additional on the tractor for my tastes.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

14 minutes ago, storkmack said:

3 Pete’s and 2 KW’s .  And 5 MP8’s out of the yard.   If anyone is counting.   

A guy is in business to be profitable and it's not so easy with the newer engines installed into Mack from what I read.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

22 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

The wise man is running pre-emissions Series 60 Detroit Diesels in Fitzgerald-produced glider kits.

Buddy is running a 2001 Vision with an E7-427 purchased with 517K well maintained miles on the clock and just turned 1.1M yesterday. Only problem he has had is the air compressor with two ReMack compressors being bad, and a/c compressor filling the system with trash. I flushed that well, installed new parts and it's fine the past two seasons now. He did take an "owl" to the grille and it busted the condensor so it too was replaced. Truck uses two gallons of oil between 10K oil changes routinely and has some minor electrical issues along with broken plastic interior parts. He is very good with routine maintenance tasks with plenty of grease being used on moving parts. We changed the Fuller FRO-15210 trans to an RTLO-16918B early on and it's been a very nice power train option.

I'll model a replacement for my R-612ST on it's platform, but I want a set forward axle.

There is another guy here that runs a late 1990's, (my guess) Western Star with a Detroit engine which is very trouble free after a complete engine rebuild. He purchased the truck with the tired engine knowing a rebuild was in the close future. His dad has been a heavy truck mechanic over 50 years so they knew what to do. This truck is a real "looker" being very clean and meticulously maintained with a good combination of chrome, aluminum, and pinstripes over a black base.

Rob....when did that E7 have the air compressor issues? My 2000 CH  E7 460 I used to have was one of the ones that came from the factory with casting sand not properly cleaned out of it.

I got towed home almost every trip for the first week until they got it all flushed out. It would plug that small cooling line to the air compressor, then it would over heat.

I fried 5 air dryers and compressors before it finally got flushed out.

Then other than dropping a valve and having that mass ground issue that always had the lightning bolt coming on, it was otherwise a great truck and engine.

4 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Rob....when did that E7 have the air compressor issues? My 2000 CH  E7 460 I used to have was one of the ones that came from the factory with casting sand not properly cleaned out of it.

I got towed home almost every trip for the first week until they got it all flushed out. It would plug that small cooling line to the air compressor, then it would over heat.

Then other than dropping a valve and having that mass ground issue that always had the lightning bolt coming on, it was otherwise a great truck and engine.

The air compressor problem was just last year. Went through 3 before getting a good one.

43 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

The air compressor problem started in tandem with Volvo getting rid of Mack’s Renault engine coolant SCA filter. They didn’t think there would be a payback on the removal of it. They soon found out they were not getting the engines properly cleaned and without the coolant filter to cover for them the free agent casting sand would settle in low areas of the sleeve gallery, plugging the air compressor feed. The solution was an elbow fitting with a stand pipe which allowed the sand to settle in, but not cover the ports feed. If you have a 90 degree stand pipe fitting in the motor, and you’ve done your best to flush, you shouldn’t keep burning up compressors.

If you have a coolant filter your golden. 

Last two winters we’ve had Volvo front loaders that have lost heat in the cab. Both times it was casting sand plugging the heater core. Kinda like cups, they don't figure it out...even two decades later. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

The wise man is running pre-emissions Series 60 Detroit Diesels in Fitzgerald-produced glider kits.

Tried talking to them twice.  They want to sell you either their cookie cutter fleet truck or their cookie cutter owner operator truck.   We fall somewhere in between.   

18 minutes ago, storkmack said:

Tried talking to them twice.  They want to sell you either their cookie cutter fleet truck or their cookie cutter owner operator truck.   We fall somewhere in between.   

They must have more than they can do!

• Like 1