Macungie 2018

1958 F.W.D.

1 hour ago, Brocky said:

I am planing on arriving Thursday noonish.. Is there going to be a Thurs nite get together at the Tilted Kilt?? Exit 54 Leigh St????

Brocky, I have not heard anything indicating that it would not happen, I assume it is a "GO." 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I plan to arrive on Thursday afternoon.  First I will stop at the Pizza Slut in Fogelsville for the stuffit buffit lunch then drive to the Wingate and check in.  The mad Russian, er I mean Vlad, and I are sharing a room.  If Vlad is there we will drive to the park in the Roll Hauler Express.  If he is not there I will still drive to the park in the afternoon.  We plan to be at the Nunnery on Thursday night to help tutor the NITs.  Carl fxfymn will be our ground transportation during the show.  I do not know if Carl is planning to be at the Nunnery.  If not, Vlad and I may have to spend the night there. B)

Friday night is the family foodfest.  If you never attended, you need to be there.

At this time I plan to depart the show on Saturday afternoon.

Safe travels and hope/pray for nice weather.  NO MUDCUNGIE!

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

will be there thrus or early Friday morning, the wife and i are up for the Fogelsville hotel Friday night if that's the night we all go. have not gotten a room yet, cough cough but i know there are a ton of places to stay. have not decided if we are staying satuday night yet

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

9 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Wait.......The Russians are invading again? This is the first I am hearing of this!!!! Very cool!!!!!!!!!!

Oops, perhaps I let the "cat" out of the bag.  I also hear some Dutchmen will be there too.  Truly an international event.

Maddog and Brocky - you all go to the Fogelsville Hotel for dinner Friday night.  That leaves more food, desserts, ice cream for us!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

9 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

will be there thrus or early Friday morning, the wife and i are up for the Fogelsville hotel Friday night if that's the night we all go. have not gotten a room yet, cough cough but i know there are a ton of places to stay. have not decided if we are staying satuday night yet

I am at the Super 8 on top of the hill west of Fogelsville (Kuhnsville exit??) Stop by my Diamond T and we can make plans for dinner. I have to go to the board meeting Friday PM to represent out chapter.

Brocky

18 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Wait.......The Russians are invading again? This is the first I am hearing of this!!!! Very cool!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that's true. I'm going to be there. Sorry with no Mack. Kept a crazy idea to travel by boat keeping a car on a deck. But seemed like a big story you have to prepair well for. So that's for the future, like many other things we use to put on a back burner.

Randy, to my shame I haven't taken a moment to PM you about the avanture. Had some busy weeks tinkering with R-model gearbox swap also spending a bit of time for a ocassional g/f.

As Ken said he offered sharing a room at Wingate and it seemed to me like one not bad idea. i'm going to stay in Allentown until Monday so hope to have time enough to communicate.

All in all I too hope for nice days meeting my Mack friends :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

1 hour ago, BOB DINGSDALE said:

the dutch group also have a really nice monthly mag they put out.

As long as I know there will be at least two Dutch groups. Both are great guys which all have well-known show-looking Macks.

Unfortunately I doubt anybody of you will be able to see any of those trucks at Macungie. The only possibility known to me is a overseas trip to Mack show at Amsterdam. Of just watching pics in that mag which is really nice indeed.

1 hour ago, other dog said:

Awesome Vlad! I'm planning to be lurking about some time or other myself! I've reserved a room at some motel Thursday and Friday night, but I don't remember which one.

Which Friday??:):) Tom, I sure keep in mind your mentioning about the plans to attend. And too hope to finally meet you in person. I would do it much earlier but that Hellertown BBQ party spot trucker club always seemed way far from my location than I would like to.

3 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

Which Friday??:):) Tom, I sure keep in mind your mentioning about the plans to attend. And too hope to finally meet you in person. I would do it much earlier but that Hellertown BBQ party spot trucker club always seemed way far from my location than I would like to.

I'll be there Thursday, staying at the Hawthorn.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.