Pictures of the Week

other dog

Ah nothing like frozen windows and wipers. I’m a tall fella so the top third of the windshield (the main part I look through) is always bothered up with ice or the stupid wiper wash sprayers never get the top third wet so I can clean it. Glad to see I’m not the only one having fun. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

2 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

At least 3 CVN's in that pic of Norfolk Naval Shipyard....Plus a whole lotta other stuff painted haze gray 

Five there and the one far right middle in CVN-65 Enterprise which is deactivated pending decommissioning and scrap.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

A good score on MH's again!

Wonder what could happen to the truck laying on its side at that straight and dry part of the road. Maybe there was one more red head in the street who cased it?

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

30 minutes ago, other dog said:

Actually, I wasn't even loaded, I was empty. However, I wanted to have time to stop and get a sammich  before I went to get loaded, so I didn't have time to stop for those bimbos.

Doesn't your data recorder have an app for that situation?

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 1/26/2018 at 5:07 PM, HeavyGunner said:

Ah nothing like frozen windows and wipers. I’m a tall fella so the top third of the windshield (the main part I look through) is always bothered up with ice or the stupid wiper wash sprayers never get the top third wet so I can clean it. Glad to see I’m not the only one having fun. 

I wish I could find a wiper blade that doesn't ice up like that, but no luck so far. That's a Rain-X blade, and as you can see, it sucks. I tried a Michelin blade once and that worked very well, but last time I looked at the parts store they didn't have any.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1 hour ago, other dog said:

I wish I could find a wiper blade that doesn't ice up like that, but no luck so far. That's a Rain-X blade, and as you can see, it sucks. I tried a Michelin blade once and that worked very well, but last time I looked at the parts store they didn't have any.

We have some trucks equipped with heated wipers. It’s an aftermarket deal but they do work really well. 

http://www.everblades.com/

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

43 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

We have some trucks equipped with heated wipers. It’s an aftermarket deal but they do work really well. 

http://www.everblades.com/

i have these on all my plow trucks. best investment i ever made.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I'm staying in the shop till March something and I won't have to worry about none of that ice and snow crap, been here in the shop 3 weeks now, told wife might stay another 3 weeks then like a hibernating critter I'll venture forth, got nice apartment in shop in MD. rather stay here than do 750 mile commute.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, other dog said:

I went to Wal Mart today, and they had Michelin wiper blades so I bought one. First time i'd seen them at the Wal Mart store.

Your in a T800 right?    My dads W900 has real small wipers like on my B model.   He usually just finds them at the KW dealer.