Evel Knievel F Model

other dog

3 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

It's in the Mack museum 

20160617_140412.jpg

Is it still  there? Last I heard it was headed for  Butte,Montana,Evel's hometown. Was to be displayed  at a museum  there in his honor. Seen it at the Mack Museum  last year during the Macungie  show. Sure is nice. Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

2 minutes ago, 57 bcr said:

Is it still  there? Last I heard it was headed for  Butte,Montana,Evel's hometown. Was to be displayed  at a museum  there in his honor. Seen it at the Mack Museum  last year during the Macungie  show. Sure is nice. Al  

don't know if it's still there. i took that picture in 2016, never made it over to the museum this year

34 minutes ago, h67st said:

When I was a kid we all looked up to Evel. I've seen a couple of documentaries about him recently and he was really a jerk. That's really sad to hear since he was such a hero to us.

Can't judge him or others from that time by today's standards.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, other dog said:

Just happened to see this on Facebook.

23659570_1636803483048863_1161704506878771540_n.jpg.43ddc7dc04cef1699c034e71beec14c2.jpg

Sad thing is when this truck was new these girls MOMs were just kids!!     Don't believe ive ever seen a 4 headlight F model before

• Like 1

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

On November 19, 2017 at 6:43 PM, h67st said:

When I was a kid we all looked up to Evel. I've seen a couple of documentaries about him recently and he was really a jerk. That's really sad to hear since he was such a hero to us.

I personally know a couple of people that were acquainted with Evel and the impression that I got was he was an arrogant jerk. That is further documented in the documentary Being Evel. Guy had giant balls of steel though. 

Edited by HeavyGunner

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

14 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

I personally know a couple of people that were acquainted with Evel and the impression that I got was he was an arrogant jerk. That is further documented in the documentary Being Evel. Guy had giant balls of steel though. 

Yeah, if he was a nice guy he wouldn't be able to do the things he did.

23 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Funny! I just heard Diane Finstein and Perez call Mr Trump the same thing...

Like Evel or not, you have to have to be arrogant to pull off his stunts over and over again, Patton was considered arrogant, along with Omar Bradly and Mac Arthur, hell even Stormin' Norman and Dale Earnhardt were considered arrogant. All tops in their job.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

George Foreman,  John Elway, Dan Marino, Randy Couture all at the top of their game and none came off arrogant to me or are surrounded by stories of them being jerks. Just saying you don't have to be a dick to be the best. Evel certainly accomplished more than anyone else on a triumph but that didnt make him nice. He was a rough ole bugger from a tough mining town. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.