One for the guys down under: what's this?

26 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

in the description he said the bonnet was raised 100mm. 

why he would raise the hood 4 inches is anyones guess. 

Something about the radiator looks off.  I wonder if he's put a bigger unit in to deal with the conditions that this rig is accustom to.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

The cabs been raised the 4 inches no doubt for heat as in heat in the cab 

The R model cab floors get so hot when pulling hard for long periods that the floor and lower parts of the cab will burn your skin and you have to wear shoes 

I have heard stories about thongs (flip flops to you blokes I think) getting melted to the go pedal 

Raising the R model cabs is very common here I have seen some R 700's done like that sort of several different styles of bonnet extension, but most just put a stainless or aluminium strip between the bumper and bonnet or leave the gap

Dunno if its 86 model as I would have thought the value liner was well and truly out by then 

That one is as ugly as a hat full of assholes

Paul

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Timmyb said:

I know that truck. It's in port hedland, the cab was raised and they  extended the bonnet height to match. Also they mounted the cab and sleeper on rails. 

Practical? Yes  

Beautiful? No!

The old man always ran Mack trucks. When he passed away the young fella went to Kenworth's and has number plates "ih8macks".  

58d1d8d603c15__20.JPG.f266530a0de6c0bc07756a993488443c.JPG

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Looks sharp Steve as I said I have seen a lot of these done (as in raised a few inches) over the years and its a very common thing out here theres only a few that have had this treatment or style of treatment as shown on the top of this thread 

Dunno what they was thinking but Im sure it seemed a good idea at the time 

Paul

42 minutes ago, steve p said:

thanks paul for the comment "looks sharp" .i've got that comment a lot lately over the radio .i'd say old mate has been sucking farts out of dead dingoes to do something like that:rolleyes:

"Old mate" has passed away Steve. Yours is much nicer, and is how I'd would do it too. But for all their bad taste they are really nice folk. 

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Timmyb said:

I’ve seen a few pics of it for sale. Looks like you done a good job of fixing it up. 

I didn't do it mate , to much for my budget and talent , I bought after it was done .

On 3/22/2017 at 12:09 AM, steve p said:

with the quick release body on ,hour an half body off, turntable 3" on and go and play 

r600 bunk and body 001.JPG

That's a sweet setup! There is a company here in Northern Ontario (Raglan Industries) that makes a quick change setup kinda like that. The fifth wheel stays on the truck and the dump box goes over it. And you have a winch rack you just back under, lift the box up and drive out from under it.

Many of us used to take the box off in winter, throw a headache rack on and go logging for the winter. I'd love to have that truck for it.

• Like 1