Any of you blokes need a snow plow ?

the little girls that call themselves truck drivers these days would all run away from that rig holding uop their skirts and screming their lungs out about it not having heat..........or windows..............or doors......... :loldude:

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I see it's a tanker, must be one of the first versions of the salt brine trucks! LOL

I have the original photo. It was taken in 1917 on Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC and it a Street Cleaner

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Please. Thats not a plow. Give me some time and a little later tonight I will give you an F.W.D., Oshkosh and Walter Education.......lol

I see OshKosh 4 & 6 wheel drive plows around here once in awhile. Saw one with a Detroit powered snowblower on it.

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Yeh, something about the sound of a Detroit at 2500 turns makes snow move.......at 3a.m. they also make people come at you with pitch forks and ball bats, ....I guess being snowed in is preferred, verses being plowed out with a D.D.

Yeah nothing sounds like an old two stroke Detroit. My dad tells a story of a Canadian guy who sold Timberjack parts he would drive across the border at Polebridge and meet with my grandpa and dad to sell them skidded parts. Dad said he had a seventies era ford 4x4 and he stuffed a 353 non turboed, non supercharged Detroit in it. Dad said he'd get out of the pick up and pull his ear plugs out and dad asked him one day if it was worth it and the Canadian told him yeah the mileage is incredible. My dad still chuckles to this day when he tells that story.
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I dont even know where the photo came up but I thought to good not to share and a lot more suited to the US than this wide brown land

Paul

Unlike the "h" site my photos are welcome for anybody to use.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It finally stopped snowing last night after a couple of feet came down. I'm on my way out now to do a couple of the neighbor's driveways and to give the road one last clean up.

Here is a pic of the plow rig I took a couple of years ago.

post-2016-0-66233000-1453641990_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

28 inches on ground WHERE`S my plow

It's in the shop, the kanifler pin was bent and while it was in, they thought they would rotate the muffler bearings, so as soon as they get it fixed, you can pick it up, maybe like June if the parts are in stock. LOL

Now where did I leave my left handed screwdriver? :idunno:

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

While my B42 still has a lower plow frame, even if I had the upper portion and a plow, it would be overkill for a couple driveways, even though they are rather long....

So I make do with a Snowbear plow for my Jeep. Given all the snow we had last year here, it's already gotten about 5 years worth of use based on what we "normally" get here in my neck of the woods.....

post-21323-0-73592000-1453772294_thumb.j

• Like 1