Should have chained up.

By the look of the terrain getting stuck there my be the best thing that could of happened to the driver, I assume there is a road somewhere near the truck under all that white stuff? At least now it looks like they can dig him out and send him on his way, had he keep trying to go hard telling how he'd of ended up. :)

The Ft. Edward truck is on 22A in Shoreham. Pics are from 1984. The Matlack truck is stuck on Rt. 17 between Bristol and Waitsfield. Not a good road in the summer. That one is from Dec. 30, 1969. We got huge amounts of snow that winter. The blizzard of '78 had little effect on Vermont, most of the state got no snow. Meanwhile, the Matlack rig is still stuck!

post-2179-0-03506600-1452539582_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I know one thing for sure, that Matlack bottle is still working. They've been dragging them out of the weeds for the last ten years... and charging "like new" prices for them.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6401145

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

That Matlack unit was probably out the Albany / Glenmont terminal.. I had just started driving out of Syracuse when that storm hit and remember working on New Years Day as the top guys did not want to..We had the older White 4000's with "Velvet Ride" about the only good thing was it did not hop and would go thru snow..

Brocky

I know one thing for sure, that Matlack bottle is still working. They've been dragging them out of the weeds for the last ten years... and charging "like new" prices for them.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6401145

Looks like owning a bunch of them trailers would have been a smart investment.

Buy for $30K in 1970

Deprecate for 5 years on taxes

Run on the roads for 40 years making $1000s per year

When it barely will pass certification paint it and sell for $90K

That is at least a million dollar trailer and a smart investment :D

• Like 2

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 2 weeks later...