RowdyRebel

31,780.9 hours/1,003,867.2 miles

I say he buys it before he gets his mack back.

I may give this damn thing back to them after the 1 week the insurance is paying for just to preserve my sanity...depends upon if my truck is in the shop yet and wha tthe progniosis is. If I can give them their truck back next Friday and only miss 2-3 days of work, so be it. If it'll be another 2 weeks, I'm not sure what I'll do..but if I keep driving this thing for too long, I'll end up in the loony bin. :tease:

Stopped by the truck to pick up a few odds & ends and have another look-see. Found where all the oil came from...Ouch.

post-1673-0-65464300-1447813141_thumb.jp

post-1673-0-91898300-1447813177_thumb.jp

HOPEFULLY this is the only hole punched. I ought to be able to weld a patch onto that while they are working on the internals...IF they ever get it into their shop. Deer season. Mechanics on vacation. Wonderful timing on my truck's part.

Rowdy your truck looks like it should be parked next Yardos Haun, then you could compare oil loss! At least it poked a hole in the pan and not in the block! as for the freight shaker, well we have all drove them and that's what makes us grateful for what we own! hang in there, you will be staring at a dogs ass in a little while.

It hasn't made its way into the shop yet for a tear-down...and until it does, I'm still only HOPING there isn't anything else tore up. I'm going to be extremely lucky if patching the oil pan is the only thing needed beyond what would have otherwise been replaced during the overhaul.

As for the rental truck, I may give it back at the end of the week. It's kinda slow right now, and paying the daily rental just doesn't make sense. I can afford it for a week, because the insurance reimburses it. Beyond that, though, it's got to earn its keep...and if things don't pick up, it's looking like I'd just be breaking even with it if not for breakdown insurance covering the rental expense for the first week. If I'm only going to break even, I may as well not be wasting my time....got that Suburban to finish up along with plenty of other projects that I have all of the necessary parts & pieces just haven't had the time to work on...and my time would be better spent getting some of that stuff done as opposed to riding around in an underpowered, slow truck breaking even.

But the $$$$ question is....what punched the hole in the oil pan?. Was it punched from the inside out (by internal part) or did you hit something on the road? Keep us posted.

That sucks Rowdy! Never want to see a convertible oil pan.

Got to be a piece of something ! What ever it is, don't look good.

Well, just got word that #4 cylinder came apart in spectacular fashion...piston sitting sideways in the cylinder, sleeve shattered, and the hole in the pan was likely shrapnel from the sleeve exploding. Block is junk, so I'm getting a ReMack engine...but without a core it adds around $4K to the cost. Anybody happen to have an E7 block laying around in the way that would work for a core for an '01? Came off the line June of 2000 if that matters...

I'll get pics tomorrow.

I feel for ya Rowdy. The real question is how does that just happen? I don't think e7 pistons just break like that. Most people get an overhaul done because rings are shot and whatnot and losing oil. Sounds like something happened and caused a huge surge of oil pressure or something. I would be curious to know what can even cuase this. Hmmmmmmmmmm Keep us posted.

Are you wanting just the block or complete core

Apparently it needs to be a complete motor that can be turned. If all I can wrangle up is a block, they can use my heads and loosely throw together the internals to make it pass. I'll have 30 days from when the new motor arrives (or perhaps is ordered...not sure) to have the core returned, so I've got a LITTLE time to try to come up with something. E7-460 is what was in there...so it would have to be a similar block.

Holy crap mine 01 460 eteck has 1072851 mile and 33804 hrs. Time to sell.

Just kidding glad it's back together.

did you get the 460 xt file also?

Doubt it. Wasn't holding my breath on that one, though...

Good to here you're getting back to work. I just went through my rear diff and it cost me a pretty penny going right into Christmas. Do you have a Mack trans mated to the 460?

Doubt it. Wasn't holding my breath on that one, though...

Why is the 460xt file hard to get?