B-73 Restoration

On 8/25/2022 at 9:26 PM, mattb73lt said:

24 years ago this weekend I found this truck in Litchfield, CT. Dragged it home and dropped it in front of my barn at the house I bought about a year and a half beforehand. Lots of things have transpired since that time, but one of the good things is seeing this truck, nearing completion, sitting in the same exact spot.

It's funny...the cab doesn't look that bad in the "before" photo but I know you had to cut out a lot of rust and damage to rebuild it. Same way with my truck, bondo covered many sins.

1 hour ago, h67st said:

It's funny...the cab doesn't look that bad in the "before" photo but I know you had to cut out a lot of rust and damage to rebuild it. Same way with my truck, bondo covered many sins.

Yeah, first look, “oh, it’s not that bad.” Then you start poking and looking and moving stuff around. Then the issues start adding up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

Mud Flaps look perfect on the front! That’s the way we always mounted them on ours . When Dad got a New truck that was the first thing that got installed,, 

87E09817-BF54-4D97-9091-9F5F4FDB9ECD.jpeg

Wow Hennis Used to run Straight through Lima,Ohio. My Grandpa worked at The Old Lima truck Stop and he said "You always knew something was wrong on the Highway when you didn't see a Hennis Pass the truckstop every 20-30mins.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

Thanks, Dean!! I've been getting a lot done in the last month. For years that vision has been in my head, now it sits in my driveway!!!

I think the "vision" is an important thing that some people lack.  It really helps if you can see where you want to wind up in your mind before you start.  I'll sometimes do an unfamiliar task in my head several times before I do it for real, and then it isn't technically the "first time"!  It's already been done in my head!

Or, as an acquaintance of mine put it, "Those who don't know where they are going often end up somewhere else."

You definitely knew where you were going...and you're damn-near there!

All the accolades that have been piled on your work in this thread are genuine...and well-deserved.  Thanks for taking us along on the ride with you.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

On 9/2/2022 at 10:13 AM, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I think the "vision" is an important thing that some people lack.  It really helps if you can see where you want to wind up in your mind before you start.  I'll sometimes do an unfamiliar task in my head several times before I do it for real, and then it isn't technically the "first time"!  It's already been done in my head!

Or, as an acquaintance of mine put it, "Those who don't know where they are going often end up somewhere else."

You definitely knew where you were going...and you're damn-near there!

All the accolades that have been piled on your work in this thread are genuine...and well-deserved.  Thanks for taking us along on the ride with you.

Thanks!! That post really hit it on the head. I’ve never chronicled any of my work like this before. It’s been a fun and at times frustrating project. But writing it down like this and conversing on the comments has really helped push it along.

• Like 1