My Mack Truck

ttttrucks

Hello everyone. I got a short story to tell. I bought this B Mack truck 1959 4 weeks ago from a older fellow that had it for 23 years and stored in a building never drove it. It was in awesome shape. Since then you might have noticed me on here trying to buy a Visor for it and a chrome grill. I found a visor and have decided to get the grill chromed that is on the truck. I also have bought chrome stacks for it. Before I could pick the truck up from the old fellow he wanted to make sure it would pass inspection so he was going to go over the hole truck for me and start it check the brakes and stuff like that. it was his baby he kept it nice all these years. So I agreed to leave it with him. 2 weeks later the building it was in caught fire by the mec next door changing a fuel pump dropped the trouble light on the cement and caught the gas that was there on fire. We had to wait till today to bring it out of the boarded up building after insurance and the engineers would let us enter the building and deemed it safe to do so. This is what it looked like after we got it out today what a shame I had so many plans for it. I am an auto body mec and was going to work it over and make it a real eye catcher but its to far gone with out a replacement body and a lot of work what a shame. I am looking again for another truck I am considering fixing this one but really thinking hard if I want to do all that work. That's My story. Cheers Mike.

post-18919-0-12341200-1416019194_thumb.j

post-18919-0-58480600-1416019366_thumb.j

post-18919-0-90918900-1416019498_thumb.j

• Like 2

FOCK!!!!!!

Probably still has a lot of good parts. Tires didn't blow, the heat wasnt too terribly bad.....The body pieces may be good, I dont see any heat warping.......It might be salvageable.....Of course it'll take a little more elbow grease than the previous condition.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

It can be saved but the gages are all cracked and the steering wheel is melted all stuff that can be replaced I think once the metal is heated to that temperature the carbon comes out of it and it is real hard to get the metal to accept paint again. But never say die. The running gear is still good it took a lot of heat but I think it will run no problem.

It can be saved but the gages are all cracked and the steering wheel is melted all stuff that can be replaced I think once the metal is heated to that temperature the carbon comes out of it and it is real hard to get the metal to accept paint again. But never say die. The running gear is still good it took a lot of heat but I think it will run no problem.

Pick up the truck for a song and a dance. Rebuild the chassis and driveline, keep the cab for parts and or templates and find another cab to drop on.

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I think the old guy is just going to give it to me after Insurance figures out what they are going to do the mec had garage policy and the truck might be covered from that he had no storage insurance if he gets covered I have a feeling he is just going to give it to me. I will be looking for a cab that's for sure. :)

Pick up the truck for a song and a dance. Rebuild the chassis and driveline, keep the cab for parts and or templates and find another cab to drop on.

I agree.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

agree, once its heated up, paint will NOT stick to it. I dunno why. had a dump box that was burned before, sandblasted it, epoxy primer, painted and the paint would about fall off of it. pick it up cheap and salvage it tho. has original budd front and rear axles and turbo air cleaner parts. all good pieces. is it B613T? an original turbo truck or just has the air cleaner?

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I was looking for a 58 and he told me the year of this when I first looked at it I was so focused on the shape of the truck and to not do a dance I forgot if it was a 57 or 59 and I keep forgetting to verify that with him so many things keep happening with it it just slips my mind to ask him so I am thinking its a 57 then cause I know he dint say 58 cause that's the year I was looking for its the year I was born. One day I will know all the things u do about these trucks. I am determined to have one and enjoy it and know everything about it.

Too sad story indded but as many others said it doesn't look too bad from the picture.

Not shure it would be the best due to the paint damage but it seems attractive to power wash it now.

Might look much better and easier to make a solution.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012