New Old Mack restorer

chalky1601

Hello

I am Chalky and I am a new member and owner of a 1938 Baby Mack that want to bring back to life, I am a previous Volvo and Mack mastertechnician currently a Foreman for Kenworth trucks in Hamilton Ontario and my spare time job is an Axle Surgeon.

I am hoping for lots of help and plenty of input as God only knows I will need it

Look forward to being part of the community and yes when I get time I will start posting pictures of the rebirth

Chalky

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Welcome aboard. Plenty of E model parts are out there. Very common truck. Good luck with it.

A friend has a running EH for sale that would make a great donor for the project if you are interested.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Looks good Bill,

Chassis # looks like it's a "DE" (still an "E" model), 335th one made.

Contact the Mack Museum in Allentown, they should be able to get you a chassis record for your truck.

There is no charge for this, although a generous donation is highly recommended.

Go to their website for information, also should be a list for parts suppliers for antique Mack trucks.

Ron

post-8482-0-31421700-1415286991_thumb.jppost-8482-0-32372000-1415287068_thumb.jpNot to step on your toes Carl,

but the sheet metal (hood, radiator shell, and grill) not to mention the radiator on an "EH" are much larger than the ones on the smaller "E" models. The length of the cowl on the cab of the larger "E" models is also longer (same length of the cowl on an "A" model)

This truck looks to be a "DE"

Most interior parts and windshield would pretty much be the same.

Ron

• Like 1