A Return to my roots

85snowdog

Very cool!!! Congrats on your nostalgic find, it looks to be in outstanding condition!

If I had the money and a place to store it indoors, I would find a single screw Hayward F-Model like the one my old man owned when I was a youngling.....and rode in the right hand seat for SO many miles...............

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I always suppose an easy looking truck pictures, especially for sale ones, isn't safe.

Congratulations on the new baby.

Now you'll need to continue keep it inside and build plans on how to paint the chassis.

Looks shure nice and has a potential to be the best of the kind :twothumbsup:

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Nice truck,Keith. So many of those still around here also. Everyone knows harvest is Loadstar season. That's when most of the "old timers" are seen.

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Very cool!!! Congrats on your nostalgic find, it looks to be in outstanding condition!

If I had the money and a place to store it indoors, I would find a single screw Hayward F-Model like the one my old man owned when I was a youngling.....and rode in the right hand seat for SO many miles...............

Its funny you say "if you had the money and a place to store it indoors" . I don't have either of them. It is looking like my pickup just got kicked out of the shop and I am a little poorer than I was before.

Keith 

I always suppose an easy looking truck pictures, especially for sale ones, isn't safe.

Congratulations on the new baby.

Now you'll need to continue keep it inside and build plans on how to paint the chassis.

Looks shure nice and has a potential to be the best of the kind :twothumbsup:

The cab and chassis will be painted at some point Vlad. I want to keep it original colours. I'm not sure how I will do the frame yet. Sandblast or just take a wire wheel to it. I hate getting things sandblasted, but I know it is the best way to go. I am going to experiment a little first. I am sold on chassis saver though, so that will be my paint of choice for the frame

Keith 

Excellent! Nice grain bin.

My father had several Loadstars back in the day. His memories of IH aren't so nice.

good find,fiberglass tilt hood too,thats a plus

Jim , I surprised my dad with it last night, he just remembered the good days , but I know there was a lot of bad days also.

This is a 30 + year old pic of him.

post-17364-0-03876100-1413727524_thumb.j

Mike, I'm glad it has the tilt hood too. I don't know if you noticed, my snowplow has a butterfly hood. Don't know if it is something from mack or if frink (company that installed the plow) made , but I hate standing on my head to do repairs.

Keith 

Its funny you say "if you had the money and a place to store it indoors" . I don't have either of them. It is looking like my pickup just got kicked out of the shop and I am a little poorer than I was before.

Can't put a price on memories. Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Very Nice LoadStar . Congrats on your great Find ! :twothumbsup:

I Always liked the looks of a Tilt hood IH LoadStar over the Butterfly hood IH LoadStar .

There was an old Roadway IH Load Star 1850 that had a 6V53 Detroit & 5&2 transmission that spotted trailers @ the local Sandusky Cabinet plant here in Millington .

Not sure what happened to the old truck as I hadn't seen it there in a few years now . it was a clean truck w/ the RoadWay Colors Paint .

I Myself would like to find a 66-73 R Model single axle :mack1: Dump.

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Very Nice LoadStar . Congrats on your great Find ! :twothumbsup:

I Always liked the looks of a Tilt hood IH LoadStar over the Butterfly hood IH LoadStar .

There was an old Roadway IH Load Star 1850 that had a 6V53 Detroit & 5&2 transmission that spotted trailers @ the local Sandusky Cabinet plant here in Millington .

Not sure what happened to the old truck as I hadn't seen it there in a few years now . it was a clean truck w/ the RoadWay Colors Paint .

I Myself would like to find a 66-73 R Model single axle :mack1: Dump.

:mack1:

Would this be the Loadstar 1850 you would be talking about? Nice truck!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO-U282iVkg

• Like 2

Keith 

I wish I could.....As far as the money goes, I can't buy something with money that I just do not have. The Mortgage company just has no sense of humor when they don't get their monthly check. As for no storage, I stored the FWD outside for about 3/4 of a year one time in it's life....Even with a good quality RV cover, she still suffered. I will never commit that sin again. Plus I l live "in town" and storing a truck outside just is not an option.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

in my travels today,I was going thru a little town/widespot in the road north of me and out in front of the fire station,there was a Loadstar with a big plastic water tank on it . There was a wide spot on the shoulder so I stopped quick and took a look,it's a '77 tilt hood 1700,V8,don't know which one,and Allison auto,air brakes,near new 10:00R20's on the steer. I'm going to submit a bid just for the hell of it,I don't think there will be much interest

• Like 1

Sounds like a cool truck.

I think your right about no interest . For a truck that was so popular in the day, there doesn't seem to many people that want to keep them around.

I'm loving mine. I am going to put a historic licence plate on it…under $20 year, insurance is around $150 …its the cheapest vehicle I own.

I can't use it for work, just to play,show, but thats what I have the Macks for …to work.

Good luck, I hope you get it. It will have a nice home to retire at!

Keith

Keith 

• 7 months later...