MB MACK

carlotpilot

OK!! What is the difference besides newer, with bigger windshields, and grille??? Did the R stand for Refuse??

Yes,when Mack first replaced the MB,they did so with 2 models,a MC and MR,the C was for city use,R for refuse,basically identical except for chassis specs and the MR had sliding side glass,were the MC had roll up windows. Eventually they phased out the MC,leaving the MR to fill both city/shorthaul tractor duty and refuse/construction chassis'

• Like 1

According to John Malecky in his book, "Mack Tilt Cab Fire Apparatus" (I seem to quote this book a lot), the window mechanism on the "MC/MR" was not an indicator of the model.

Rollup or sliding windows were available on either chassis. My city's "MR" front loader rubbish truck has rollup windows.

bulldogboy

According to John Malecky in his book, "Mack Tilt Cab Fire Apparatus" (I seem to quote this book a lot), the window mechanism on the "MC/MR" was not an indicator of the model.

Rollup or sliding windows were available on either chassis. My city's "MR" front loader rubbish truck has rollup windows.

bulldogboy

That's good to know,I was only around 3 MC's and 1 MR. Did they all have fiberglass doors?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...