Lookie what I found in Siberia !

Vlad looks like you need to build a tow boom to put on the R and then go on a road trip! :twothumbsup:

That's cool idea if I only can build it myself. Towing equipment is too pricy overhere.

Looks like a early 300 hp or possible a 350 in that dmm...The engine laying on its side withthetransmission connected looks like it's of the same engine family 285,300 etc.....

I can't clearly see the transmission sticker but it looks like a air shift 6 speed ?

Do you mean it looks like E6 2V under the hood?

I also couldn't see well the sticker but it looks more as T2060 6 speed transmission.

The chassis shot shows its back and it seems as T200 to me.

Any ideas on that scrap gear box?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Damn shame they left the spare engines out like that...Truck looks decent,pretty cool DMM!Hope you get it :twothumbsup:

They were going to scrap the truck and all those engines also.

They will if I don't pre-pay it in days. The truck looks like wasn't killed much before broke down.

Kickstand. I don't see the KICKSTAND!!!!??????

The left hand tank is stollen. So the truck keeps balance.

Chain the front Axle up lock in the diff should go if you can get it running

Don't forget there's front wheel drive so it can run just with no rears at all.

But the tank is lost and probably many others.

Guys were thinking on chaining up the axle and tow it by 6x6 KrAZ over those unpaved 300 km than put on a common rig.

I still hope to not go there myself. No straight flights there, train goes 36 hours. Or about 3 days with a car/truck.

It would be nice a trip for shure, an adventure, but I feel hard shortage of time.

well its what we call a cool power Mack here in Australia looks like a five or six speed trans to me and is that a front diff I see and would that be a 38000 lbs ass end ? looks that way to me but not on camel back dont know what the back suspension is ????????????

I bet you can feel a road trip coming on Vlad

Paul

well its what we call a cool power Mack here in Australia looks like a five or six speed trans to me and is that a front diff I see and would that be a 38000 lbs ass end ? looks that way to me but not on camel back dont know what the back suspension is ????????????

I bet you can feel a road trip coming on Vlad

Paul

Vehicle's chassis components keep some mistery about their weight ratings on my mind.

That bogie American guys call (called when I was in America at least) a walking beam suspension.

It doesn't have any springs excepting tires itself. The only reason I see is an ultimate weight capacity.

The axles of the vehicle don't seem extremely heavy but more strange there's the single frame.

Much more strange that frame is 10.5 meters long. About 35 feet.

If I ever get that baby I will put a Camelback in it. By a chance I have one off 1945 army Mack. But that's a long story.

I feel a road trip in the nearest future indeed. But that's another one. To Europe.

So I'm gonna crazy. No matter having one more Mack or having not.

an i think i'm short on time to make a 300 mi, trip to pick up a truck on good roads, ha!

There are not many Macks in this country so picking one up is not a common thing.

• Like 2

I have a DMM just like that only with smaller engine. Mine began its life as a ready mix truck so it has the same walking beams with no springs. Concrete shifting from side to side on springs is a tip hazard. Now it is my lowboy hauler with a large winch. Even the lady cashiers at the fuel stops tell me how cool my truck is. Yep, it is a chick magnet. I hope you can save and enjoy that one. You will be my hero if you can!

• Like 1

If you can go get that stuff you would have lots of spare parts to play with and the DMM would look pretty sweet with a dump body and snow plow for winter.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Thank you for your minds folks.

Interesting point of the walking beams for a mixer, it makes sence.

I spoke with other guys here and we resolved the truck probably was a chassis with some drilling equipment for oli fields wich are plenty of in that area.

On my mind it would be funny (and easy) to put just a fifth wheel on the end of that long frame or vice versa to split it if the frame has damages (looks like it has) and get an extremely short all wheel drive tracktor.

On the other note here's a big difficulty with chick magneting. Moscow govnt limited access of vehicles more than 12 tons GVW into the city at a day time.

Maybe one more reason for trips to Saint-Petersburg. A lot of to magnet there :WELCOME:

• Like 1

Frictionman good point about using walking beam with no springs on mixers. I see new mixers with air-ride quite often now. I would imagine they sway quite a bit. On tri-axle dumps they lean on turns quite a bit. I even saw some packers with air-ride.Joe D.

• Like 1

In the area I live I've never seen any vehicles with no springs. Mixers rode springs and tanden cranes have special equipment to lock springs to work without outriggers. Maybe that DMM was originally heavy tanker indeed and had walking beams for the same reason as a mixer.

Keep discussing with the owner about a way of transportation.