Holmes Transportation-Sidewinder Heaven!

Poor kid!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yes, I remember Holmes; they were big in New Hampshire. I believe that they had a terminal in Manchester (or Londonderry). In NH they also ran "MB" and, later, "MC" model straight trucks. That's a name from the past

along with Yale, Jones, St Johnsbury, Carolina, etc.

bulldogboy

I'll bet their shops were never slow with 10,000 mile PM's! It's hard to see in these pics but the roof fairings on U models were mounted to be centered on the trailer which made the offset cab that much more obvious.

Thanks for posting these old articles from Bulldog, Al. They make for some fun reading.

Jim

No problem,Jim.Have a bunch of them.Like the Axle Equipment post cards of last winter,I'll try to post some different articles from time to time. :bulldog1:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Thanks for posting, nice article.

Yes, I remember Holmes; they were big in New Hampshire. I believe that they had a terminal in Manchester (or Londonderry). In NH they also ran "MB" and, later, "MC" model straight trucks. That's a name from the past

along with Yale, Jones, St Johnsbury, Carolina, etc.

bulldogboy

Don't forget about M&M, O'Donalds Express and Coles Express

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 7 months later...