Progress on my 1980 R685

Thanks for all the compliments. I do plan on working this truck. Actually have the first job for it this weekend. I figured out that the brake lights work correctly once the park brake is released. I have never seen a truck do this. I am starting to think maybe someone had wired it up to have the brake lights on every time they set the brakes with the truck running for extra safety. It was a snow plow truck originally.

• 3 months later...

That is a nice truck! Bet these municipalities wish they could have this no-nonsense truck in their fleets! I always said," what is the first thing that salt & calcium chloride attack on trucks?"..........WIRING!! And what are these new trucks depending on to send signals to their computers?.........WIRING!! TOO MUCH SALT & CALCIUM CHLORIDE=TRUCKS THAT WON"T RUN!!...............sorry,my .02! But seriously,that IS a nice R model dump! :MackLogo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA