I finally got my LFT back from my mechanic. It had been hauled to him in October of 2010. The Lanova was apart with a bad number 5 piston and liner. While a lot of parts came with it, the truck had more problems than expected. My mechanic had a hard time finding parts. He got it all back together and drove it to my house two weeks. I drove it to Macungie lat week. As far as I know, that was the first show it was at since the ATHS National Show in Valley Forge, PA in 1985. I had not even washed it. I had several offers to buy it. They were all declined. We also had the Smith's Brockway there. We put the gas tank on the night before and hauled it up on Friday. Tom Smith, 39 Baby Mack's big brother, drove both trucks home on Sunday. I had hoped to have my MH there in the line-up, but it was blocked in by a non-running 405A fire truck. Next, we will take the Smith's H613 to the mechanic and see if he can get that running. Hopefully it will be at Macungie in a few years. There is a link below to the pictures in my gallery. I hope you enjoy them.

Mike

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/gallery/image/13516-1950-mack-lft/

• Like 2

Thanks for all the compliments. It was a long, frustrating wait. It was more frustrating for my mechanic. He spent a lot of time at the Mack Museum looking through records to get it back together. He is very proud of the truck. I was glad it did not rain while the truck was out because I did not want to wash the dirt off. I like the "barn find" look even though it is not really a barn find. I guess I will wash and wax it a some point, but not yet. Several people told me they had the chance to buy the truck before I did, but they passed it up because they were scared by the engine being apart. I would have passed on it too if I knew how much trouble it would be and how much it would cost. Like I said above, I have had several offers to buy it. It woudl take a lot of green to separate me from this truck.

The video above is great. Well worth watching from the beginning. Thanks for posting it.

Mike

I posted a picture in my gallery of what the truck looked like when I bought it and a picture of when it was a working truck. The Lanova had to be put back together and then the front end put back on the truck. The fuel tank was cut open to fix holes,but I made sure they knew not to damage the exterior paint. They could do whatever they needed to on the underside, but not the exterior.

Mike

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/gallery/image/13528-ralph-g-smith-horse-transportation-west-chester-1950-mack-lft/