They called the original mack H model (H-61) the cherry picker because it was so high. Later on they dropped the heigth by about a foot (H-67). At the now defunct (unfortunately) truck museum in Connecticut I stood next to an IH cabover DC 405? (before the emeryville). The one that had the little IH comfort cab on top( same as r-190 cab). This thing was tall. I'm guessing maybee higher

than the cherry picker. It was dark blue as I remember. There was also a KW bullnose (light blue) there and the IH was definately higher.

They called the original mack H model (H-61) the cherry picker because it was so high. Later on they dropped the heigth by about a foot (H-67). At the now defunct (unfortunately) truck museum in Connecticut I stood next to an IH cabover DC 405? (before the emeryville). The one that had the little IH comfort cab on top( same as r-190 cab). This thing was tall. I'm guessing maybee higher than the cherry picker. It was dark blue as I remember. There was also a KW bullnose (light blue) there and the IH was definately higher.

Would that happen to be the Golden Age of Trucking Museum?

Matt

Yes, we helped the to try to raise money to keep it open, but not enough interest in it.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

They had nick names for all of those cabovers. The IH was called the highbinder. Of course the GMC was the crackerbox. The REO was called a china closet. I can't think of any more. They are just nick names. I don't think Mack actually claimed to or wanted to make the tallest cabover. There was an article in Wheels of Time about so cabover Corbits. They were probably the tallest. You can see my H model in the picture. Mike

post-7810-0-46567000-1359749727_thumb.jp

• Like 2

A Corbitt was the tallest, but does anyone know who produced the shortest and also probably the most ridiculous truck ever built?

I have seen any number of people who live in the region of the country where it was manufactured who post on BMT on a regular basis.

Regarding the "hibinder", I took this pic back in 1984 and it was the first time I ever saw one. I thought it was home built at first glance. A neat feature was the swing-out fenders.

post-13134-0-36944100-1359773555_thumb.j

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

You got it but you would be surprised how many people will argue that it never existed.

I GOT A BRAND NEW CAB FROM THEM(Strick) that was removed from one of the

New trucks that they bought to construct this monstrosity.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT MAKE&MODEL TRUCK IT WAS THEY STARTED WITH?? A HINT IT WASN'T A MACK

Regarding the "hibinder", I took this pic back in 1984 and it was the first time I ever saw one. I thought it was home built at first glance. A neat feature was the swing-out fenders.

Was this at Englishtown? i saw and photographed the very same truck,i spoke to the owner,and seem to remember he was from North Jersey somewhere............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Was this at Englishtown? i saw and photographed the very same truck,i spoke to the owner,and seem to remember he was from North Jersey somewhere............................................Mark

Yes, Mark. Raceway Park Diesel Drags when they were sponsored by Crazy Eddie!!!! The owner at the time was Bob McLain from Buttzville, NJ.

The truck believe it or not still exists. I stumbled on some pics of it in its current condition on Flickr. The owner I assume is in Florida.

post-13134-0-39226000-1359774743_thumb.j

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)