The whole story is NOT known. During the late 40's thru the mid 50's the design engineering departments at DT and IH had a very close working arrangement. The people in the know have since passed away, but it assumed that they worked togather in the design of the conventional "Comfovision" cab which was stamped by the Chicago Cab Co and assembled in the individual plants.

The DT 22 series spring loaded counterbalanced manual tilt LCF cab, which IH used as the VCO cab, was designed by the Murty Bros of Portland OR under contract to Mr. Tilt of DT.

IH used the DT plant in Chcicago to build heavy duty, special order, R model IH trucks which would have tied up the regular production line in Fort Wayne. IH also used DT to build prototypes as industrial esponage mis-information.

The nickname Emeryville came from these trucks first being built at the IH Emeryville CA plant.

Brocky

Brocky

The Emeryville look .... Is definitely apparent , and appears to be the same cab if you were to put the headlight panels beneath the cab. I've had an aluminum cab Emeryville and lots of steel cabs, but they too should've manufactured some in fiberglass.

Don't know what this is. Looks like it might be a Pacific. It's very tall anyway.

Got a guy at work who was a supervisor at Pacific Truck in Vancouver.... he confirmed it is a Pacific, one of a batch they built for South Africa heavy haul...

he sent me a link, but due to recent frayed nerves I will just show the link, not the photo...

BC Mack

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/dennis_child/p12w3_sar_2of3.jpg

• Like 2