Garage Robbed

41chevy

When my parents both died a few years ago, my sister and I inherited their house.It's always been in what was a nice area. Oleg Cassini's daughter across the street, a horse farm that has been there since 1930 and two nosy neighbors. about 100 feet away..both retired FDNY. My retired sister lives there with the deal that she pays the bills and we split the taxes and insurance and I get the garage for my use. It's a poured concrete 25 x 30 building with a 50's heavy garage door and no windows. It's also alarmed as is the house.

My sister calls me to say the lock was cut out of the door and the garage as robbed. They had to take time to remove 2 M-21 4 speeds, a pair 426 Max Wedge engines from C class racing fire truck and a fully disassembled 392 Hemi with Aires pistons and aluminum rods, a single and a dual intake both with Holley 1050 carbs, 2 sets of heads, all the tin, headers and adapters to run it in a '50 Ford F5 truck.

The thieves left 2 Chevy big blocks and a warmed over 302. Aside from the missing engines and the lock cut out you would never know they were there. And nobody saw or heard a thing!!

Think I surprised the NCPD when I handed them serial numbers for the engines and carbs, copies of the bills for the parts and photos of the engines and parts. How quickly it changed from someone taking them for scrap (?) to a much more serious crime wothy of finger prints and a detective.

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Terrible!

Hate those things.

I think it would be good to visit nearest metal collecting points personaly.

Scums get $1 for a piece that might be worth $50.

Hope it will turns out for you.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Hate to say it, but this sounds like it is someone you know who has been in the shop and knew what you had there. Put the word out to the local speed shops and see if anyone comes looking for parts to complete the motors.

Keep a troll on CL as well.

Hope you get 'em.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Not much lower than a G-Damn theif ! good you had everything inventoried,maybe the cops will get off their asses and actually DO SOMETHING to find you property! i know what a lot of what you listed is worth (to real people- non-theives) hope you get some action,and get your things back!...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Paul. Sounds like someone knew what you had. The max wedge and hemi motors are worth more than the Chevy engines and m21s always have a fast sale market. They knew what they were taking. The good thing is there are less 426 and 392's out there so it will be easier for them to be found then one of a million small/big block Chevys that are everywhere.

I have some good classic car clients in LI and will give them a call to keep an ear out and I will let you know if I hear anything.

The

When my parents both died a few years ago, my sister and I inherited their house.It's always been in what was a nice area. Oleg Cassini's daughter across the street, a horse farm that has been there since 1930 and two nosy neighbors. about 100 feet away..both retired FDNY. My retired sister lives there with the deal that she pays the bills and we split the taxes and insurance and I get the garage for my use. It's a poured concrete 25 x 30 building with a 50's heavy garage door and no windows. It's also alarmed as is the house.My sister calls me to say the lock was cut out of the door and the garage as robbed. They had to take time to remove 2 M-21 4 speeds, a pair 426 Max Wedge engines from C class racing fire truck and a fully disassembled 392 Hemi with Aires pistons and aluminum rods, a single and a dual intake both with Holley 1050 carbs, 2 sets of heads, all the tin, headers and adapters to run it in a '50 Ford F5 truck.The thieves left 2 Chevy big blocks and a warmed over 302. Aside from the missing engines and the lock cut out you would never know they were there. And nobody saw or heard a thing!! Think I surprised the NCPD when I handed them serial numbers for the engines and carbs, copies of the bills for the parts and photos of the engines and parts. How quickly it changed from someone taking them for scrap (?) to a much more serious crime wothy of finger prints and a detective. Paul
Hi Paul the first place you should look is Craigslist,most people are dumb enough to put stuff on there they just stole. I'll bet if you dig hard enough you will find at least one thing on there. Good luck

Rudy

I friggin HATE thieves! Ain't a damn thing I've thought of yet that seems to be a worthy punishment for a thief....and some of the guys at church were absolutely horrified by some of my suggestions to protect the AC unit if/when they replace it (been stolen twice already). I have less than zero sympathy for anyone maimed or killed while committing acts of thievery.

TN state law says if you kill someone in the comittal of a burglary,theft,rape,etc., you are good to go and can not be charged of a crime, if you were in a school and someone came in shooting and you shoot them dead, even without a carry permit being on school grounds that are posted no weapons your still good and cannot be charged with a crime, oh yeah, I live in TN and I DO have a permit and carry every day a 45 will stop a crime a lot faster than a cop thats three miles away. I hate to hear about the theft I too hope they get em good, and if convicted you can garnish their wages after they get out of jail until the replacement cost of your goods plus interest is reached in TN!

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Sorry to hear this. I hope that justice is served on the losers that robbed you (a liitle injustice would be fine too).

More importantly, I hope your belongings are returned intact.

x2 Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Did the police want you to take the prints and fill out the report for them? My son had his pickup stolen in October. They had a big change in attitude when he told them there was a S&W 357 and a Springfield 40 in it.

They took prints and photos and a full inventory. Their tune changed when the saw the 392 was valued at 50 grand and the Max Wedges were in at 10 an 18 grand. Could not insure them because they're "Parts".

The Hemi and one Max Wedge were Atlantic Steamer tournament truck engines the other was a 1964 Cotton Owens NASCAR engine signed off by his museum as legit.

Vlad, I put the word out at scrap dealers but I do not think the were into that, there was to much other stuff to take for scrapping.Plus we noticed tonight that my 1964 Corvair Spyder Turbo engine was also gone. Just added that to the police inventory. No they were very selective and aside from the missing items "cleaned up" after them selves. Even deactivated the alarm sensors. No they were there specifically for those items. Only plus is none are streetable. Even the 4speeds were modified for drag racing. If anything I would have expected my stack of NOS Mopar Tin would also be gone too but nope.

I've had these engines since 1982 / 84 and believe me few people ever were there or saw them. Still waiting to talk to my grandson and gauge his reaction as he could be there for days and nobody would think twice about it.. He did have dope problem at one time that all involved tried to hid from me. God himself won't be able to help if he is involved.

Bob the R is in my yard in Wading River waiting to put the new nose on it and the all most mint cab I got in Ogden.UT

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Sorry to hear about your garage....certainly a crappy feeling....but Iike others mentioned, your stuff should turn up somewhere. If it makes you feel any better, my wedding got robbed a few years back. A guy dressed in a suit walked in.....took the basket of envelopes.....and walked out!!!

A pair of 78 Trans Am fenders were stolen from me at the englishtown swap meet prob around 1992-1993. My buddy and I walked the whole place that night looking for them. Never found the scumbags. I carried around a 383 Mopar camshaft to beat the SOB. I found out some guy had 4 blowers stolen and another guys nova disappeared the same day.

The bastards!!! Somebody knew about the stuff ahead of time. Thats not just a random robbery. To hand pick those type of parts and leave the rest? Sorry for your loss,Paul.That is a bummer.Hope they catch the bastards!!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I had my shop robbed a few years back. We had an auction for my landlords downsizing and someone hid in the building until everyone left,and let their friend in. They stole the console, dash pad, intake, and carb from my 71 Monte Carlo that I've had since I was a kid, bucket seats and dash pad from a friends Chevelle, tons of tools, many miscellaneous small things, and a pallet of laminate flooring! They were neat and orderly, didn't damage anything other than filling my 396 with antifreeze when removing the intake. I figure that they were inside for hours as every drawer was rifled through, everything was handled. Cash bag was stolen but register was left unharmed.

No luck from the police, insurance didn't cover any of the car stuff. Good luck finding out on your own.

Tim

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j