Pictures of the Week

other dog

11 hours ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

YOU'RE GONNA SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT RED RIDER!!! 

I think it is a Red Ryder, I bought it at Walmart to scare away all the feral cats that used to be lurking around at the old house. Then neighbors moved in next door.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I went ahead and ordered the rubber to go under the tank straps when I ordered the tank. I looked in the gas hole with a flashlight and I could see all these dark blobs "swimming" around on the bottom of the tank. I poked them with a stick- a clean stick, I didn't want to contaminate anything- to see what happened and they would kind of break a part. The sample in the aluminum pan didn't come from the very bottom either, I just loosened the plug on the end and let it drip in the pan. I never saw such a change as that gas made overnight. 

So obviously there was no rust, it had to be algae. The pick-up tube lacked about 4 inches from reaching the bottom of the tank, so that would leave a lot of gas in the tank, maybe that had something to do with it. 

I probably could have put that tank right back on it after I cleaned it out with the acid and been fine, but we decided to just keep the new one and put it on when it gets here. 

13 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

My ex. had a freind to put a soda or sugar in the fuel filler..  We had a volatile relationship..    I still have the locking gas cap on it today..  been 17 years...  This is no B.S. !!

Uhh, yeah, I'd say you did! 🤣 

I'm going to try to pull the top off the carburetor without destroying anything and take a look too.

31 minutes ago, other dog said:

I think it is a Red Ryder, I bought it at Walmart to scare away all the feral cats that used to be lurking around at the old house. Then neighbors moved in next door.

That's Hilarious!! Gonna start calling you Ralphie!! 😆 😂 😆 😂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

I also have a bb rifle as well as 2 real ones

I gave the .22 rifle that my grandfather gave me to my niece. It's a Remington Fieldmaster pump, a very nice rifle. I do have a 700 Remington .30-06  but I thought that would be overkill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, other dog said:

My tank sealer came today too. And it's non-returnable. Bummer. Guess i'll ask around or put it on marketplace.

I was going to work on the International today but the wind is fierce! Gusts to 47 mph they said, whoever ''they'' are. I want to take the top off the carburetor and check for sludge, and check the fuel lines. Dave told me it was easy to check the float bowls for sludge, all I have to do is take 4 screws out, but what worries me is my hands. I have arthritis in my hands so bad i'm afraid i'll drop a screw or something, drop one in the carburetor and the truck will be on marketplace. I've dropped a camera or two, amongst other things, so dropping a screw would be no problem for me.

So, with that being said, here's some girl by some highway somewhere.

hitchhiker.jpg.2bd44418f37874d7ce8e956a3e7e3a71.jpg

HI way SOMEWHERE !! you could have at least got the route number and direction;; now the BMT crew sees what kind of a friend you are !LMAO one thing for sure those "tanks" aren't alum. someone must recognize the highway or mountain range ... thanks for the picture

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

Maybe she can hold your screw while you diddle with her the carburetor. Hard telling not knowing!    .....Hippy

bet that's why so many dairy farms had to close. milk hauling tanks got bigger. LOL

• Like 1

19 hours ago, other dog said:

I gave the .22 rifle that my grandfather gave me to my niece. It's a Remington Fieldmaster pump, a very nice rifle. I do have a 700 Remington .30-06  but I thought that would be overkill.

Definitely a time and place for the heavy iron ha ha I’ve got a Winchester 1873, 44-40 and a henry golden boy 44 magnum 

I think my bb  rifle is a daisy. I’m not sure. I wound up getting it for free. Somebody left it behind that moved out of a house that I rented. I’ve been hauling it around ever since I didn’t even know I still had it the other day I was looking for some old pictures and I saw it.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:17 AM, other dog said:

I looked in the gas hole with a flashlight and I could see all these dark blobs "swimming" around on the bottom of the tank.

I wonder if it was crap from ethanol gasoline?

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

3 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

I wonder if it was crap from ethanol gasoline?

Possibly. Brocky advised me to only use non- ethanol in it, like I use in all my small engines. I was advised to do that years ago with small engines by someone with much knowledge about such matters, and haven't had any issues yet. 

I'm thinking I'll get the 90 octane non ethanol from the Sheetz just up the road, put the lead additive in it, a can of Sea Foam periodically, and Sta-Bil in the fall.

• Like 1

since we can not buy pure gas here in New Jersey, i use a double dose of stabil, and a double dose of marine stabil.

the 4 doses the two compounds lets me store gas for 18-24 months and it is still good. i do not keep it for longer than 24 months though. if there is any left after 2 years it gets poured into the car and fresh is put in storage cans in the garage.

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

20 hours ago, other dog said:

Possibly. Brocky advised me to only use non- ethanol in it, like I use in all my small engines. I was advised to do that years ago with small engines by someone with much knowledge about such matters, and haven't had any issues yet. 

I'm thinking I'll get the 90 octane non ethanol from the Sheetz just up the road, put the lead additive in it, a can of Sea Foam periodically, and Sta-Bil in the fall.

Check with folks who know that engine- if the valves have hardened seats, the lead additive isn't necessary. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

another positive when we lived in TN (one of many); there were gas stations which still sold real gas. 

Around here most of the new QT's, and some of the small local store chains, have non ethanol all the time.

Brocky