Pictures of the Week

other dog

On 4/9/2024 at 5:04 PM, Joey Mack said:

Uhhh  fuel was .97 cents a gallon...  what year was that '89??

That was what I was paying when I sold my last truck as sub hauler U600 around 1990 … bob

• Like 1

Oh, I forgot- turns out the tank I took off was aluminum too. I just assumed it was steel, because he was talking about the rust in the old tank, and the fact that it was painted black. But it's aluminum, it was so light when I drained it and took it off I was thinking I had gained some super powers, but no, I have not.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 4/9/2024 at 8:04 PM, Joey Mack said:

Uhhh  fuel was .97 cents a gallon...  what year was that '89??

Yeah Joey the national average was around 1.00 a gallon In the United States in 1989 so some places may have been lower hahaha. I just looked it up hahahaha. Also I was 2yrs old in 89 hahaha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

they do/did make a rubber strap specifically for tank hold downs. benefits are  1= rubber has the side ridges which keep it on the metal strap;2- defiantly looks better . 3= should be able to buy a length /roll and cut as needed?

Exactly!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Geoff Weeks said:

Well, that saves you replacing or sealing it, shouldn't need  either.

I ordered 2 quarts of the sealer in the morning, had to get 2 because one would do up to a 25 gallon tank. I didn't know how big the tank was, but I knew it was more than 25 gallons. When I tried to cancel the order that same night they said they would try but the order had already been processed. When I looked this morning it had already been shipped, so I'll just ship it right back when it gets here. 

Ordered it from Amazon.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

they do/did make a rubber strap specifically for tank hold downs. benefits are  1= rubber has the side ridges which keep it on the metal strap;2- defiantly looks better . 3= should be able to buy a length /roll and cut as needed?

I had plenty of used tubes and/or flap material laying around, so I would put it under the strap an the trim with a utility Knife, but some say I am cheap!😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

Wait a minute...... an aluminum tank won't have rust in it (WTF)   And why the gas is turning colors ?   

Is it possible that it had some algae along with water in there? One of my trucks had a bad case of algae in the aluminum tanks.    .....Hippy 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark T said:

Does that do that in gas ? 

lDK? The drain pan he had sure didn't look very good. That was what made me think of the chance of algae.    .....Hippy

• Like 2

IDK, mine stay put. I don't trim until the straps are tight, and are just the width of the strap.  Purpose made stuff is great, but I am going with what I have to hand.  I've got stuff that has over 15 years on it and hasn't moved. If If had serviceable purpose made stuff, of course I'd use it.  You could (and I have) used a little weatherstrip adhesive in the center of the strap to hold it, but I have also done it dry.

Thinking about it, the times it worked best was on cylindrical tanks where the force on the strap was even all the way around. Rectangular tanks, the strap is less tight on the flat parts and more on the corners, 

Edited by Geoff Weeks
  • Like 2

with out a doubt, round tanks will hold the rubber of what ever used way better. tank in question as earlier stated ;;1- on a "show truck" : 2- it's a rectangular  ,in agreement with statement the flats of rec tank flex more leaving gap between strap and tank. most time it fills in with dirt or grit. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, other dog said:

I did it, but I cheated a little. I only had a little bit of trash to burn, and it never got hot enough to melt the jug. So I shot a hole in it with a BB gun.

PXL_20240411_194553049.thumb.jpg.7db50336a544c9df7e2db705f90f09e8.jpg

YOU'RE GONNA SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT RED RIDER!!! 

• Haha 1

with out a doubt, round tanks will hold the rubber of what ever used way better. tank in question as earlier stated ;;1- on a "show truck" : 2- it's a rectangular  ,in agreement with statement the flats of rec tank flex more leaving gap between strap and tank. most time it fills in with dirt or grit. 

Well, I wouldn't consider either my Marmon  or either of my 9670's beaters, may be not show trucks but something in between.

I have had even the pre made tank strap web come out on rectangular tanks after a while.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Weeks said:

Well, I wouldn't consider either my Marmon  or either of my 9670's beaters, may be not show trucks but something in between.

I have had even the pre made tank strap web come out on rectangular tanks after a while.

All depends on where you come from....Work trucks....Vintage.....or Beaters... Show trucks.....All the Same Just trucks