Pictures of the Week

other dog

That's a tank off a S series or 4000 series International.  I just put one of the aluminum aftermarket ones like the 4 States  one. The local place here got me for $825 plus tax but it keeps the fuel off the floor much better than the steel one.

It's probably well worth doing a new tank since you've got the old one out. 

20240229_120520.jpg

20240301_110036.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brocky said:

For the amount you will drive it, you can run off one side only.. 

Yes, it only pulled from that passenger side tank to begin with. 60 gallons will get me up the road a little ways anyway.  And I guess I could put the tank I just cleaned on the driver side if I really wanted to fool with it.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

if  picture shows 3 tanks passenger side ;; would it also have 3 driver side ?? that's a lot of fuel. deceptive picture ; could almost be a R-700?? don't see a seam on hood fenders indicating an older R . more and more want to travel to the Australian side to see a positive world. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, other dog said:

You talked me into it- new tank, done with it! I went out and measured the tank and this is pretty much the exact same size. The tank on the driver side is steel, so we can just paint it. I ordered this and cancelled the sealer.

Screenshot_20240409-191804.thumb.png.689c0c4f3e02c0e16a23b08c4aa935ab.png

Only thing you might need to get would be a tank vent in one of the threaded bunks in the top since it's gas instead of diesel.

I might be wrong but it seems right 

• Like 1

Mech, that center one might be an air start???? Also in the 70's - 80's oil shortage and big price jumps a lot of carriers carried more fuel so the could turn a further distance on home terminal fuel..

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Brocky

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

if  picture shows 3 tanks passenger side ;; would it also have 3 driver side ?? that's a lot of fuel. deceptive picture ; could almost be a R-700?? don't see a seam on hood fenders indicating an older R . more and more want to travel to the Australian side to see a positive world. 

All my trucks had the starter and air start tank on the drivers side, but they were Cat and Cummins.  I don't think you would put the air start tank on one side the the starter on the other. 

My '89 had dual 150's, but some O/O types ran more than that. Then theft becomes bigger risk.

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

Uhhh  fuel was .97 cents a gallon...  what year was that '89??

That is Canada, so likely 0.97 per liter. Gas was not anywhere near .97/gal in 1989.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 66dc75 said:

Only thing you might need to get would be a tank vent in one of the threaded bunks in the top since it's gas instead of diesel.

I might be wrong but it seems right 

I think you're right, I thought about that too. Maybe they have an old tank in the junk pile up at FLM I can get.

I remember a guy on here a couple years ago that was messing with some fuel and burned his legs??   I cant seem to remember who he was though,,,  Hmmm?? I wonder..

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Watch This, Here, Hold My BEER...  :) 

Gallon no. 2 disposed of, set a full jug in the barrel, put a small bag of trash in alongside it, poured a little more gas in, lit it, and this. PXL_20240410_215854085.thumb.jpg.c964c3506af64314eddcf1bf49f625d3.jpg

No big boom, no big suplosions, just a fire. I won't have much trouble disposing of that gas. No wonder the truck wouldn't run.

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I remember a guy on here a couple years ago that was messing with some fuel and burned his legs??   I cant seem to remember who he was though,,,  Hmmm?? I wonder..

Every time I'm burning trash I think of that guy .  🤔  Who the heck was that guy....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

That's a Canadian company and truck with the spread axles of the drives and trailer. l think there are only two tanks on the curb side.    .....Hippy

FB_IMG_1712527033387.jpg.8fe227b7ba8d768182e49cc3dbe79339.jpg

after trying to enlarge photo, which didn't do much  I will agree .looks like 3  it's only two. that first one is held by 4 straps. fuel fill might be under sleeper close to strap 3 making it look like a seam. has the inserts for headlight panels also.