Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

Sounds very promising. All the community is highly intrigued!

BTW have you collected the grille opening trim? It was avalible from PAI, at least recently.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Yes, I have that and I also have new panels headlight backings also have the shutter extensions. I was just trying to capture some of that. Worst parts of this nose. Well I screwed around too long. Took care of a couple of errands with the old lady. No it’s too hard to get started on anything it’s already 100° I guess I’ll shoot for next weekend to pull out in the garage and get started

IMG_2273.jpeg

IMG_2272.jpeg

IMG_2271.jpeg

Excellent man thanks that’s what I wanted to hear that’s what I was trying to do today at least get a start on it … I really haven’t spent any time on it to brag about in 20 years of so  …. It always winds up back of the line finally today o had no other plans then it got  too hot too fast 105 right now thanks again for your input 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Excellent man thanks that’s what I wanted to hear that’s what I was trying to do today at least get a start on it … I really haven’t spent any time on it to brag about in 20 years of so  …. It always winds up back of the line finally today o had no other plans then it got  too hot too fast 105 right now thanks again for your input 

To quote Matthew Broderick, "That's Africa hot!"

• Like 1

Well, I got a good pal that will come running over here anytime I need them. I don’t like to bother him because he works at night and  all he has Sunday to take care of business but thanks for that. At least I got the push and drive all setup and mentaly ready to move forward on this way overdue project p lol 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Sounds very promising. All the community is highly intrigued!

Yep Vlad is right, we are on the edge of our seats here lol

And my way of doing things is, do something as often as I can, even if it is just cleaning up around the place, it all has to be done and is all just as important 

No matter what it is

I find small simple 5 minute jobs tend to drag on for days and the big jobs I have been stressing about go better than I ever thought

Not to worry, youll get onto it when the time is right

Paul

• Like 2

Oh yes, I forgot to bring up the fact I’m usually busy with honeydews. I wound up with a big break from that ha ha perfect time to jump on this thing for a while. And yes, I like the part about keeping it in front of you. work shift is almost 12 hours a day. I wish it was a lot shorter.

On 7/22/2023 at 4:18 PM, DavCut said:

Saw an interesting series that a YouTuber I follow did on a tractor restoration. His commitment to himself was to do “something” on the project every day. Some days were full days in the shop, others were 5 minutes on line ordering a part. I think he ended up with 130 days or so to get it done. I’m not saying this is practical with a project the size of a DM, but you could take the approach of doing something on the hood every day as a starting point…

How about sharing a few photos of the entire truck and what you have planned?

I’ll take a bunch of it this weekend

• Like 1

You know Paul I didn’t realize it till lately during the week. I really don’t have time to do anything at all, but kick back a few minutes eat and go to bed.

Edited by mowerman
Misspelled

,I feel for you. Years of mandatory overtime, double shifts, working three weekends a month, deployments, training, family. It took me years to finally have an abundance of time to do what I wanted to do and the means to do it. Keep at it, just something you can get done with the time available!

• Like 1

A truck grow up in Texas. All the sheet metal is in pretty good shape. It’s not going to look like mats truck by any means just gonna clean it up real good as best I can do airlines new fuel lines, a few valves, all new tires.. and then mainly lots of body work I’ve had the damn thing almost 30 years ha ha finally getting around to work on it

• Like 2