Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

Could well be Geoff, it coukd certainly do with every bit of noise reduction 

It sure isnt RollsRoyce or Cadillac quiet or even busted ass farm ute with the muffler rusted off

More farm tractor with out a cab quiet lol

I was thinking of that self adhesive under bonnet (hood) liner stuff, 

Like this

Screenshot_20230801-095142_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a6dab35bfbd637d923dc83961b27bba1.jpg

More to try and protect the bonnet than keep heat and noise out 

Paul

• Like 1

I don't know if it is still the case here, but at one time, the truck mfg had to meet total noise emitted to be allowed. They had oil pan covers to limit the noise emitted from there and foam under the hood.

Most oil pan covers got removed early on, and foam under hood got loose and fell off.

A 88 White I drove with an L10 had the oil pan cover, and as I say, My '92 Marmon had some still left under the hood.  Most has fallen off by this point.

The more they silenced the engine, the more they could emit from the exhaust, as it was a total noise reading they had to meet. quieting the exhaust came with drawbacks that silencing other noise didn't. (Back pressure)

• Like 2

Well, I’m picking up some more supplies tonight from Home Depot and more work on the nose. I’m pretty excited about that but I’m on vacation for two weeks so that’s not going to be the end of it. I am going to the Brockway show but other than that, I’ll have all kinds of free time let’s hope I just don’t stand around with my hands in my pocket most of it witch sometimes is pretty easy to accomplish…..ha ha Friday at last …bob

• Haha 1

Yes, they have plenty of things overthere, I saw that in person. But that's also a place you may stand with your hands in pockets looking over the shelves :)

Still late Friday evening overhere. Ok, early night. Ok, 5 minutes to midnight :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

10 hours ago, mowerman said:

Well, I’m picking up some more supplies tonight from Home Depot and more work on the nose. I’m pretty excited about that but I’m on vacation for two weeks so that’s not going to be the end of it. I am going to the Brockway show but other than that, I’ll have all kinds of free time let’s hope I just don’t stand around with my hands in my pocket most of it witch sometimes is pretty easy to accomplish…..ha ha Friday at last …bob

where/ when the brockway show ?? 

18 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Saturday morning already here, bugger this home depot you blokes talk about sounds like it has everything

Paul 

Oh, it’s the best since sliced bread  picked up safely goggles, sandpaper hornet spray a shelf for my inherited magic. Clock mother-in-law passed away, gave it to me and her will.. anyway yes the place is got everything for home improvements. I wind up going in there a lot of times, even for working on vehicles….  It’s a huge  chain store not all of them have them but ours has a huge rental department. You can rent about anything in there very handy  Bob 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Brocky said:

Mech, The Brockway show is next weekend in Cortland / Homer NY

Here is their webpage:::

https://www.brockwaytrucks.org/

THANK YOU  for info.  it would be a few + hr ride ,   challenge when you don't have anyone else (wife) interested in trucks etc. anyone tells you opposites attract ;; tell them go pound sand .LOL . checking the possibility's of the Watts/ BMT show in PA though . seems my uber services schedule is filling up : sister to airport next week =deliver and pick up and a few more. BUT your retired !!!! 

• Like 1

I couldn’t get rid of that old post somehow it won’t leave anyway Brocky would you believe I already change my flight plans around nine times now total I didn’t even open my last email because I figure I’ll probably get at least one more before Wednesday. Ha ha I think it’s hilarious.  Bob

I have been flying out every year lately to watts … just a real good time well worth the trip as I mentioned, we really don’t have anything like that out here. It’s mainly peterbuilt ,,, kenworth how many of them can you look at? Bob

• Like 1

OK I drank too much last night already feeling more comfortable texting then getting in the shower and getting started ha ha I think all I’m gonna do today is just strip the nose of all steel turn signals hood latches Mack emblems

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

Entire trip usually cost me a couple of thousand but I don’t do anything else. All year  except travel with the old lady with her running. Ordinarily just overnight trips.

So I'm to understand the Brockway show is defiantly worth the trip from NV? it's week-end of 8/12-13/23. I have a commitment  ; will see about changing things (to my benefit ).

Well, there goes my plan for the morning just went to do some more work on the nose and there’s hornets swarming all around the truck. Looks like I’ll have to wait till evening and spray the hell out of it. They even looked annoyed that I was walking around it.

• Haha 2

No I had something else I was going to do but I found Gunsmoke original middle 50s episodes so now I’m stuck to a sofa waiting for the old lady we’re going to do some shopping and then get pizza but yes I was a little pissed Paul I was all jacked up to do a few things on it. Oh well I am off work for a while. I will have plenty of time to take care of what I wanted. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

So I'm to understand the Brockway show is defiantly worth the trip from NV? it's week-end of 8/12-13/23. I have a commitment  ; will see about changing things (to my benefit ).

It is always the 2nd weekend of August, So put in on next years calendar NOW!!!! They usually have 120 to 140 Brockways, 2012 was the record year with 163.. You can spend most of the day  touring the 4 museums as well as the Italian supper on Friday, followed by fireworks at dusk.. AND The Finger Lakes region of central NY is a very beautiful tourist area with several State Parks. My wife can stand the museums on Friday and then drops me off at the show and goes touring for thrift shops and yard sales on Saturday..

• Thanks 1

Brocky