Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

Yes, damn happy to be finally working on it at all. Been sitting around here so long time I’ve been thinking of different little clever ways to start this repair. Start it yesterday and oil up the starter. Probably mention all the time I’ve had. I pretty much bought everything I needed through the years to fix it. All I need to buy is body supplies and tires. Thanks for your cheers, fellas.

OK, I’m getting out there today and start some more of the grunge work. I guess I’ve been partially trying to avoid the filthy part of the whole job since I don’t wanna do it but yes, it has to be done or it’s not gonna get done by itself 

• Like 2

Progress is progress

Princess had a birthday on Friday and surprised her with a new car, kinda hit the turps to celebrate 

Was pretty useless on Saturday, but still made some progress on the house renovations

Was looking for any excuse to not be in the ceiling 🥱🤪:SMOKIE-LFT:

Stick at it

Paul

• Like 2

after time you give up on the term vacation ; it becomes "my time off " is busier than when working " .  also as you get older the ambition level seems to decrease . I'm saving my $$$$$$$ for a plane ticket west to see the finished DM in person. don't take tooo long I'm not getting any younger. LMAO !!!  darn near 73

OK, that’s hilarious. but I wouldn’t hold my breath…. I seem to have all my ambition on Saturday morning is some bouncing around here like a fly… usually take advantage of it and get out there as early as I can especially middle of summer.. bob

15 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

after time you give up on the term vacation ; it becomes "my time off " is busier than when working " .  also as you get older the ambition level seems to decrease . I'm saving my $$$$$$$ for a plane ticket west to see the finished DM in person. don't take tooo long I'm not getting any younger. LMAO !!!  darn near 73

that’s what I thought was gonna happen around here, but I hardly did anything at all did get a lot accomplished that pretty much has to be taken care of regular business hours such as 3 doctors appointments and dump run but as you mentioned Mecho they usually turn into full time employment around here lol 

join the "crowd" . thinking of finding full time job so I can rest. only situation is knees don't cooperate much . now I'm volunteered to baby sit 3-4 days a week !! 10 am= 2:30/3 pm .  what can I expect to get done with those mid day hrs ???LOL

• Haha 1

We have no babies around here closest one is about 120 miles yes can  be quite fun but certainly throws a monkey wrench in getting anything else done…. Bob

• Like 1

worked on it a bit,,,focused on these 2 areas for now,ive grown to figure out,if i continue to grind out the entire section,its tore up so bad,and repaired so many times,the entire corner,will fall apart and loose its shape,so ill have to start here,as it is,i had to make up this chicken shit little bracket to hold the shape,,,i was going to work on it a little longer,,but its getting late,and bees started following me around,,,im off thursday and friday,i will jump on it some more and lay fresh fiberglass on these 2 areas ,,,bob

On 5/4/2024 at 12:58 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Progress is progress

Princess had a birthday on Friday and surprised her with a new car, kinda hit the turps to celebrate 

Was pretty useless on Saturday, but still made some progress on the house renovations

Was looking for any excuse to not be in the ceiling 🥱🤪:SMOKIE-LFT:

Stick at it

Paul

old lady,hasnt hounded me lately,,,but were having new windows and siding put in soon and i got my lawn looking amazing,so i expect between all that,,,will hold her off for a while,,,and i did have to clean out our spare room last weekend to get ready for window installers,,,,bob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mowerman said:

worked on it a bit,,,focused on these 2 areas for now,ive grown to figure out,if i continue to grind out the entire section,its tore up so bad,and repaired so many times,the entire corner,will fall apart and loose its shape,so ill have to start here,as it is,i had to make up this chicken shit little bracket to hold the shape,,,i was going to work on it a little longer,,but its getting late,and bees started following me around,,,im off thursday and friday,i will jump on it some more and lay fresh fiberglass on these 2 areas ,,,bob

I would pick one of those areas and concentrate on it until it's got some structural integrity. Brace all those soft areas first to keep the hood's shape. Bracing doesn't have to be pretty, what you did there is fine. Be careful with some of those fiberglass chemicals, they can be very hazardous to you. It is pretty rough, but don't look at the whole thing, just where you're working. You'll get it done, one repair at a time. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that Matt yes, when I’m grinding. I wear a full suit goggles gloves mask then I make sure I sweep up entire area where I was grinding they must’ve had a real shitty drivers and that truck through the years when I bought it clutch disc was separated at the pilot shaft hub was completely broken from the rest or the disc and it slips out of 4 th direct as well as hit and fixed numerous times… my god,,,, what kind of idiots did they have driving this thing ??????? Bob

Oh, wound up picking up these plastic zip up suits that completely cover everything elastic hands and feet hood  throwaway reusable. They were only like nine dollars for two of them Home Depot. They’re perfect for this kind of stuff. just blow it off when I’m done and reuse it.

• Like 1