Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

14 hours ago, mowerman said:

My mom told me when I was a kid a frappe was made with real ice cream a milkshake was not at least in New England 

I was just thinking my mom told me that way back in around 1964 when she was working for international house of pancakes back on those days they didn’t even call it IHOP yet and I am not even sure if they served anything other than breakfast back then.. Bob

5 hours ago, mowerman said:

Do you know I’m not sure if I mentioned this or you noticed it but back a few miles the other away they seem to be a pretty big hit. I tried to sell it a couple of times out here and I couldn’t get anybody to even respond at all …twice I advertised it no takers, so I guess I’m stuck fixing it. Yeah that was driving me crazy I couldn’t figure out where they’re coming from and I am in swarming everywhere. It seem like they would get pissed if I try to go near that truck two or three of them just buzzing around me like hey bud get lost this is our area. Glad I found them. Believe it or not I really don’t like killing too many insects. I ordinarily just let them be y’all might think I’m crazy. I think it upsets the echo balance. That’s the case. I really didn’t have too many choices. Bob

except for the "guard bee" true ; it's the one stays at the hive entrance. they all go to sleep inside the nest at night .  that's the time to spray them or if your a Polack torch the nest . sorry fender.LOL  to get back to topic ::: what color is the DM going to be when it's parade ready ??? 

16 hours ago, mowerman said:

Ok I think I found the motherload of hornets saw one flying in to an old shed I don’t use anymore and there was a huge nest maybe    Hold 50 of them I sprayed the hell out of it they were dropping immediately maybe I can work on the DM shortly without them swarming all around me

I hope you got them all. I am allergic and can go into shock from hornet stings, Bees don't bother me too much, I have hauled them on a flatbed, and got stung a few times, but hornet stings are a whole 'nuther magnitude. Once got stung on my ring finger, and almost lost the finger before I could get my wedding ring off. I was swollen to the shoulder, all from one sting.

yeah my pop was also allergic that sucks..ive only been stung by one once at around ten,,,,i do remember it hurt like a mo fo...im not going to do anything to it today had some running around this morning possibly tomorrow after a couple of morning errands..im all pumped up after jumping on it last weekend,,,,,anxious to continue on that nose thats been driving me crazy for almost 30 years then i backed into the house with the back corner or the cab,,,,put a dent in it i was so busy watching the mirror not to hit the siding,didnt notice the cab was heading right towards the roof of the house .bob

Oh yeah, that’s just the way it was around 57 years ago I can still feel it kind of reminds me of when me and my pals decided to take a bite out of a dog biscuit. His mother gave him to give to the dog we all decided to take a bite just to see what it tasted like that was around 1964 and I can still taste it ha ha.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

except for the "guard bee" true ; it's the one stays at the hive entrance. they all go to sleep inside the nest at night .  that's the time to spray them or if your a Polack torch the nest . sorry fender.LOL  to get back to topic ::: what color is the DM going to be when it's parade ready ??? 

Well TJC recommended using rust oleum machine paint, so I’m going to go down and get a gallon of John Deere Green, and keep adding a little black to get it a little darker

• Like 1

Summit racing sells automotive paint I think mine was 100 for the  a gallon of paint the reducer and activator it strayed nice and still looks good there epoxy primer and the fill and sand primer is reasonable too but there limited on colors if you mix like your saying only problem is if you run out and need more it’s tough to get that same mix but I guess if you exact measure how mutch black you add to a gallon of green I guess you could get close

• Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

Well thanks for the tip. 100 bucks a gallon is not bad at all seems I was only paying 75 or so 30 years ago not really much surface last Car I  painted was 30 years ago and from what I remember a gallon was plenty I still had some left over. 

49 minutes ago, mowerman said:

This is what I’m hoping for. I think you mentioned you were familiar with this outfit.

image.jpg

very familiar with HI-Ho . they were along with another construction outfit (O&G)  to buy fleet of the DMM's in CT. a side view of that body has HI_HO made into the body for side support. Oh the good days.

• Like 1

no  no white,,,,,,but yes i want it real dark green like HI  HO used im going i think mediam brown with the insides to match the perfect brown steering wheel i found,,,,i hadda 87 U model that had this really cool dark brown interier i wish i had a color code for it..bob

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

very familiar with HI-Ho . they were along with another construction outfit (O&G)  to buy fleet of the DMM's in CT. a side view of that body has HI_HO made into the body for side support. Oh the good days.

these days  other than a brand new mack or a 379 pete,,,,,really is not a whole lot out there to get excited about

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

See how easy that was ha ha

IMG_2307.png

OH heck your talkin a baby truck : I thought you meant a real truck 🤣 LAO!! sorry couldn't help myself. now i;ll have to find the one i'm thinking of. seeems it had a nick name . skinny bottom and went up to a narrow sleeper berth. flat front  C O E .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mowerman said:

This is what I’m hoping for. I think you mentioned you were familiar with this outfit.

image.jpg

"HI-HO" D'Addario is out of Bridgeport, CT. It was very big company and very diversified. They had a large fleet of those trucks. They had custom dump bodies with "HI-HO" built into the sides of the bodies and you'd see them everywhere. The drivers were very proud of their trucks and kept them spotless. One summer when I was a kid, D'Addario was paving the local school roads. The drivers would actually wax the trucks while waiting to drop the hot pavement. My buddies and I would ride our bikes over and watch them pave. The owner was killed in a plane crash in 1986, along with a couple of executives. The company never really recovered. They still deliver fuel, but most of the operation is gone.

In the late 90's, I found about six of these trucks being picked over for parts in a field along the Connecticut river in Cromwell, CT.