Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

13 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

OH heck your talkin a baby truck : I thought you meant a real truck 🤣 LAO!! sorry couldn't help myself. now i;ll have to find the one i'm thinking of. seeems it had a nick name . skinny bottom and went up to a narrow sleeper berth. flat front  C O E .

It sounds like you’re talking about a cracker box. That was the first truck I ever drove in my life at 16 but I never left parking lot 

• Thanks 1

Oh my god that’s horrible. Thanks for that. Not sure if you caught this but took that out of an old Mack calendar years ago it sits on my bedroom wall.  Sounds like a well run outfit people were proud to work for..Bob

16 hours ago, mowerman said:

lol right???????

From where I park it and where I work on it it’s a little difficult to get it back to the work area too much shit in the way, and the turning radius is terrible on that  I was trying not to run into the quad box I have on a pallet sitting in the way 

3 hours ago, mowerman said:

Oh my god that’s horrible. Thanks for that. Not sure if you fought this but took that out of an old Mack calendar years ago it sits on my bedroom wall.  Sounds like a well run outfit people were proud to work for..Bob

We had an outfit like that in my area. I don’t know where they were out of but they used to keep passing gas station. I was working at at the time trucks were gorgeous. They were all black little bit of chrome polish tanks tanker outfit  they Aran U,R and B models cash oil sales.. top notch equipment 

5 hours ago, mowerman said:

It sounds like you’re talking about a cracker box. That was the first truck I ever drove in my life at 16 but I never left parking lot 

think you got it right ;;; cracker box sounds familiar . know it was titled to one of the irons of the day ;;; the GMC must be the one, 

Kind of ironic. The first truck I ever drove was a cracker box. I am the first truck I ever drove when I got my class. One license was a GMC Astro training for the license was R  model trash truck and wait for my license on a old Plymouth rock U model aaaaaaahhhhh. The good old days 

• Like 1

Didn’t work on DM at all today I was just out there looking at it got to leave tomorrow for Cortland. I may try to work on it in the morning. I had some running around to do this morning and I didn’t feel like doing anything when I got back here but I’ll be off next week Monday Tuesday Wednesday, so I’ll probably wait till then. I think today and tomorrow I’m just going to relax and enjoy my vacation, although I’m sitting here on the sofa watching television with ants in  my pants. Fixing on changing the oil soon. I want to put new oil lines on it before I do anything else who knows how old they are also, it has the canister shock filter. Do you happen to know if there’s numbers on the top of the cylinder?

1 minute ago, mechohaulic said:

cracker box have a Detroit  with roadranger RTO 9513 ????

It was a weird set up. It did have a Detroit in it. But the splitter it was on the dashboard or the doghouse from what I remember that was 51 years ago. I do remember it was not on the shifter.

1 minute ago, mowerman said:

It was a weird set up. It did have a Detroit in it. But the splitter it was on the dashboard or the doghouse from what I remember that was 51 years ago. I do remember it was not on the shifter.

Yeah.  That's pretty weird!  

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

right on with the picture ;;; NOW the brain cells are scrambling to remember the splitter set up. can remember the day at Mack  , working on one in the bay having a shifting problem. I was young ; knew nothing of the operation of transmission. the splitter was not on lever . I was ticked off and kept slamming the splitter. foreman  heard the noise and was pi--ssed. can't remember it was on dash or doghouse. cab was up

I was in my sleeper in Boomtown (back in the 90's) waiting for Truckee to be open to O/D loads. Late in the evening I heard a oldtime sound, A 6-71 jake'n down from the Calif side, pulled into Boomtown next to me, 60's Freightliner Cabover. Heard the 6-71 "hunting" at idle.

They finely got Truckee opened up the next day and I took off for Lodi.

Sometimes that pass is closed three or four days my wife you still work for Safeway up there in Truckee skiers would be in their bellyaching about all the empty shelves. She said well they let cars through but not delivery trucks crazy world.