Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

On 8/8/2023 at 7:00 PM, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I’ll never forget those cracker box Jimmies screaming at the top of their lungs. 
The smell was awesome…especially when hooked to a cattle trailer! LOL!

years back (many) ; texaco oil used to run long nose GMC's  with 318's.  living on a lake next to major road -rte34  at night could hear the DD screaming up the long hill . like the songs of the '60's : the DD 's were such great music. :SMOKIE-RT:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Sitting at JFK waiting for connection looking out the window at what looks like an R model white hooked to this wierd looking trash trailer next to the runway anyone know anything about it 

heck if I knew that i could have driven to JFK and picked you up. could have stayed here ==wife is a great cook and likes cooking for someone who appreciates food (I Don't care one way or other about food)LOL

1 hour ago, Brocky said:

Paul

Last I knew Ed Edmonstin in Dubbo QLD (??) has an late 70's 761 tractor repowered with an 8V92T. Originally imported from Ithaca NY USA. 

001.thumb.jpg.d567a2a886655d7ac235091737e382dc.jpgDicks761.thumb.jpg.c83d6f39ef326031e4019b4220cfedbc.jpg

Sure not too hard to look at? It’ll probably be here tomorrow. Thanks for that.

Well, he is definitely a talker he’s out of Delhi ny who runs rolloff containers and landscape materials. His name also sounded familiar to me. He said he has on here sometimes, but not very often. He said yes he has seen my profile many times I think his profile name was R6 88 I think that’s what he said. I’m sure I’ll see him tomorrow. I will ask him again. What he goes by on here. His truck was bad ass maybe tomorrow I can post it.

1 hour ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Dave Mueller sounds familiar. Not sure why. 

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

One thing about the show, I thought it was going to be burning hot here it is not at all weather couldn’t be any more perfect

Being from Nevada I am not used to the humidity. Ordinarily, when I come out here I am pouring sweat.

4 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Thats really the only one I know of, I know more were sold here in the late 60's but I dont think it was many 

And I think maybe the 20s pr early 30s some were sold in Australia 

They are a good looking truck

Paul

Paul, When we were down in 2015 Archie Baines in Victoria had a just post war Model 88 Chassis, cowl, and front clip in his boneyard..

Brocky

17 hours ago, Brocky said:

Bob, Also keep your eye out for Tom Millard "Olsdpwr" who is the man who started to Brockway sub section of "Other Truck Makes" Both his tractors are red and white immaculate show pieces..

Never saw him. I am all walked out, took tons of pictures and videos and didn’t get anywhere near all of them.

• Like 1