Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

5 hours ago, Mean Green said:

Truck is looking good it’s nice to don’t have to deal with rust that’s the worst 

Yes, the two doors left side had been hit. And fixed a bunch of times right side just had a little rot at the bottom. I found two. Real clean doors off and old UPS F model.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

After my Mom retired, she said she didn't know how in the world she ever had time to work.

My sister-in-law retired about four years ago and she was telling me just getting through life takes up all your time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

it gets worse  when  you retire. the "to do list" gets longer and "friends" think you have alot of time cause =YOUR RETIRED" to lend them a hand on their projects. not to mention retirement means older = your body  on a daily basis lets you also know your retired. and if there are grandkids around == forget it . less stress going to a part-time job. LOL  that's why I help out at two local farms. 

I don’t have any close grandbabies, and the only reason I’ll be working part time is just a put a little bit more food on the table and we don’t have to scrounge so bad frankly I’d rather just completely retire I might try it a while and just say forget it man I’m out of here ha ha

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mowerman said:

Yes, the two doors left side had been hit. And fixed a bunch of times right side just had a little rot at the bottom. I found two. Real clean doors off and old UPS F model.

Wasn't there a different shape on the bottom of the U/DM driver's side door?  Some sort of a contour that wasn't there on the F/R door?  My memory is fuzzy on that, though.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

15 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Damn tires.   Sorry Bob.

Vendor had me rolling in one hour and 40 minutes. It wasn’t bad at all. We gotta guy  Young kid just started the business Lovelock Nevada is not cheap but this guy is really amazing. He’s really fast and comes right out. There’s no bullshit.

• Like 1

Just now, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Wasn't there a different shape on the bottom of the U/DM driver's side door?  Some sort of a contour that wasn't there on the F/R door?  My memory is fuzzy on that, though.

Yes, I just ignored it. The F model is straight across. If it ever gets on the highway, it may have a slight whistle down there.

11 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Your hard on tyres there Bob :SMOKIE-LFT:

Well at least your not breaking the bead yourself on the side of the road, some diesel poored into to soften the rubber, belt belt belt with a hammer and bit of broken leaf spring

More diesel more hammer, more diesel more hammer

Diesel helps soften the rubber a bit and sort of allows it to come unglued

Then "how did this tube get stuck in a tyre with no glue" pull yank swear, swear some more, oh the fun of been out the back of bum fu k repairing tubed tyres 

Some one remind me about the fun in driving trucks lol

You Im only joking, have a great day amd get back on the road shortly

Paul

Funny, you mention that because the guy was like a vacation and he sent his hired hand out. Guy was not too familiar with truck tires kind of a long story who came right out I had to give him a hand outside tire, he had me a roll up on a block and spooned The outside one off he was having a little trouble getting the new one on. I grabbed a spoon bar and gave him a hand.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Geoff Weeks said:

I carried a mounted spare in the trailer frame, 40 min inside or out, and I was back rolling. The beauty of spoke wheels. Blew on 1 mile before the Broadus scale one summer. Normally I'd limp in someplace safe, but had to change on the side of 212. Summer heat and I was dripping when I finely crossed the scale. 

I had a carrier on my trailer, but the owner didn't have them on his. A mounted 20 or 22.5 tire with a pair of 2x4's across the frame. To get the tire up you needed to winch it with a 2" strap, then lie on your back and with your feet manhandle one side past the frame flange, then the other. Getting it down was no problem. Getting the blown one up was even more fun. Most times I demounted and dealt with each piece separately.

Sounds easier to call a vendor. I’m getting tired just thinking about it. My uncle used to carry a spare on all his trailers.

4 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Yes, tomorrow morning I start the big adventure. I’m gonna go Home Depot in a few minutes to pick up everything I need

If I could ever get out of here, a log is giving me issues. It won’t let me log off. I already rebooted it twice.