Sidetrack area

mowerman

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

the stacks were a joke. 😁

plan is to bring the pipe out low, with muffler close to set, than run the pipe along the chimney close to the top and then have a turndown to keep rainwater out. outlet of exhaust will be around 20 foot up. this should eliminate most of the noise.

ya big tease

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

Nice I love them old Trucks like that. It was hard to tell the year especially with the square headlights. Towards the end of 78 they started changing to the squares instead of the rounds. Also the 78 year trucks tended to not rust out as fast or as bad as the 79s. Lol 

this 78 is excellent cab except for the gray primer over the Light Jade Metallic paint and green shag carpet all over the interior. 

my 79 camper special has the roof rot on the outside. anything over 30-35 mph the outside roof pan lifts like a sail. i had to park it before the roof pan ripped off and flew away.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

9 hours ago, tjc transport said:

he he . that was my username on the falcon site for 30 years. 
it is a 65 2 Door hardtop.  289 with C4 trans, and 52,000 miles on it. 

came from florida. 

driver side head gasket was seeping coolant into the oil, so i pulled it apart to freshen the engine. 

i am not $8,000 into the "freshen of the engine"  with a 400 hp 302, fresh trans, limited slip rear, front disc brakes, stripped to bare metal and epoxy primered, new floorboards, new interior, power windows, and just about everything else new or restored. 

i am hoping to have it finished by fall.

Very Nice!.  Every now and then one of those will show up at BJ or Mecom auctions..a nice alternative to Mustangs/Camaros.  Old guy that I am I remember when in 63 they were really into performance and they came out with the Falcon Sprint, first time they stuck a V-8-a 260, in the Falcon.

• Like 1

Well big changes are a foot for my life 

Princess reckons, and has for some years now that she is over septic tanks, pressure pumps, relying on rain water, cranky animals, peace and quite and has politely suggested with more reoccurring vigour that she wants a house in town

So like many well trained men of the world I finally did as I was told and bought a old house in town 

Settlement was last Friday 

I'm in for a different life now, a life of no more nudy runs thats for sure 🤪

20230331-175533.jpg

The real estate agent photo is a bit flasher than mine received-840592233658907.jpg

Hello town life, lucky it is a small town of a few thousand and not few million 

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Well not yet Hippy, the trucks and trailers and tractors and dozers and farm machinery will stay put for a while and I'll slowly work out what I'm doing

Has a big back yard with front and side entrance so a shed is definitely on the cards once some jobs get done to the house

Gunna have to make it a tidy stylish affair for in the middle of town, the shed that is

Paul

my wife is talking of getting out of renting and buying AGAIN. well after spending the day at my daughters working on house they just bought yesterday ::: renting works for me. can't bend  or move well now. ""Dad , sink has a problem " == well who's going to bend that far down under sink !!! LOL with the help of an excavator 2 yrs ago where we are now has a very private swimming hole . oh ya 

38 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

Paul, Your buying and lm trying to sell! ls there room for you to park Mrs. Mack in the yard? Looks like a real nice place, wish my lawn looked like that!    .....Hippy

Mine usually does… I’m lucky there And good luck paul5858B149-DBF6-46B6-8608-67981046FC21.thumb.jpeg.b8af713d7b442b2d923f1a2abf605257.jpeg

20 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

my wife is talking of getting out of renting and buying AGAIN. well after spending the day at my daughters working on house they just bought yesterday ::: renting works for me. can't bend  or move well now. ""Dad , sink has a problem " == well who's going to bend that far down under sink !!! LOL with the help of an excavator 2 yrs ago where we are now has a very private swimming hole . oh ya 

Sometimes I think the same way get rid of everything and move in to an apartment sometimes that sounds a lot easier … Bob

• Like 1

Dunno about keeping the cook happy, it's a bloody challenge these days I can tell yah 🤔😁

Anyway the Princess would of liked a new brick verneer Mac-Mansion but there was no way that was gunna happen, not a bloody chance

The old parts of country towns in my part of Australia are all big old houses with big verandahs and big tall ceilings

Big trees for lots of shade in summer and nice big blocks

You cant build character in a Mac-Mansion as much as they try to bling them up with theater rooms and stuff 

At a guess it's about 90 years old which for this part of Australia is pretty old

Should do up into a nice pad, there weren't many two story houses in Australia until maybe 20 or 30 years ago when when they started building the Mac-Mansions

Oh what I call a Mac-Mansion is like going to a MacDonald's restaurant, everything is super sized and over the top

Paul

• Haha 1

Thanks for that I was wondering what that meant myself … just on vacation in San Diego was considering moving there till this trip … anything decent in a average area is 700,000 and up whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????? Well never mind I guess Reno it is!!!!! Bob

we have them here too Paul. 20,000 square foot house on a 1/4 acre lot. 
mercedes and lexus in the driveway, and no furnature inside. 

all about looking like you have more money than brains. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

58 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

we have them here too Paul. 20,000 square foot house on a 1/4 acre lot. 
mercedes and lexus in the driveway, and no furnature inside. 

all about looking like you have more money than brains. 

Yup phoney millionaires one financial hiccup and it's foreclosure time.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2023 at 10:20 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

the trucks and trailers and tractors and dozers and farm machinery will stay put for a while and I'll slowly work out what I'm doing

Paul, When we Moved into Town. I bought a Block in the Industrial Estate For My Shed & Boy Toy Storage.

If something Happens to me the Kids can sell My crap, Wife can Rent (or sell )The Shed without having to Move..

Or She  We can Move House Or Downsize as we get Older without having to Move/Sell all My Crap..

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Paul, When we Moved into Town. I bought a Block in the Industrial Estate For My Shed & Boy Toy Storage.

If something Happens to me the Kids can sell My crap, Wife can Rent (or sell )The Shed without having to Move..

Or She  We can Move House Or Downsize as we get Older without having to Move/Sell all My Crap..

Pretty much what Im doing Seed, has been a slow process but I'm getting there

Paul

• Like 2