Sidetrack area

mowerman

11 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I really like Apple pie. but my wife's 'Cherry Yum Yum'  Is better...  :) jojo

Wife came through with the apple pie from California… I thought she was just blowing smoke got it from this place they also serve rubarb I have had it there … Bob

14 hours ago, tjc transport said:

no apple pie rite now. 

but i do have half a sweet potato pie left from friday.....i try to limit myself to one 1/4 of a pie a day.

I love sweet potato pie, I can make a good one myself. Last one I made I put some Fireball liquor - I think it's liqueur, but I can't spell liqueur - in it instead of cinnamon. Came out pretty good.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

4 hours ago, 67RModel said:

I have always wanted to try rhubarb pie but nobody I know makes it and you definitely can’t get it at any stores or bakery’s…at least none I know of. And yes I have always wanted to try plum pudding and also fig pudding like they say in the one Christmas song. Like where do you even get fig pudding?

Me too. I did find a strawberry/rhubarb pie at Long Mountain Grocery in Rustburg one time though. Now I can't even remember if I bought it or not or what it tasted like if I did.

• Like 1

Never heard of rhubarb pudding but rhubarb and apple stewed and sevred with ice cream , now that's the ticket on a cold night or hot night or anyother night

Plum puddings out here are steamed and had on Christmas day  with brandy custard these days, should be as heavy as lead and sit right your stomach

Paul 

I’m not a big pie eater unless it’s cherry….right other dog?? 😉 However I did try shoofly pie a couple of years ago for the first time somehow, and god damn that was good. Pry top of the list for me as of now. 

Edited by Onyx610
shoefly is shoofly

From what I hear it’s kind of an old people request. Nobody really wants it these days for the most part Kinda, like fruitcake it just gets kicked to the side by your younger generation…. I’m thinking most of them don’t even know what it is…..Bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

I’m not a big pie eater unless it’s cherry….right other dog?? 😉 However I did try shoofly pie a couple of years ago for the first time somehow, and god damn that was good. Pry top of the list for me as of now. 

I do like cherry pie. 😊

But I don't eat much pie either, they're loaded with sugar. At the same store I got the strawberry rhubarb pie they have lemon chess all the time and they're just like the ones my mother used to make so I'll pick one up every once in a great while. They have them on the shelves so you're looking at them as soon as you walk in the door and they're hard to resist. I think the Mennonites make them and the store sells them for them. They have all different kinds of pie, but I always go for the lemon chess.

• Like 2

I'll tell you another good "store bought" pie- I like sweet potato pie, and when we were at Vicki from Florida's during Thanksgiving she bought a Patti LaBelle sweet potato pie and it was delicious, tasted very similar to the ones I make. I started making them years ago because you couldn't find a sweet potato pie. Everybody had pumpkin pie though, and I'd just as soon have a turnip and asparagus pie as pumpkin.