Sidetrack area

mowerman

In the South Australian captial Adelaide as the young bucks stagger out of night clubs and bars heading home after a big night they would get a pie floater to help sort them out for the journey home

A pie floater is the normal upside down meat pie, which no one is sure has actual meat in it

Anyway it is served upside down on a bed of mushy peas and covered on tomato sauce, just the ticket to set you right after a big night on the turps

SAFlag-Floater.jpg

It looks better in the photo than it does coming back up on the foot path at 2.00 am I have been told

Happy days everyone 

Paul

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

D8 another memory maker. did the cutting edge change in the gravel bank it worked at. 80-90 degrees no cover or air tools. flip the centers and change the corners. my back hurts just thinking of it. 

for me the thought of a D8 is sitting in under the canopy of a D8H for 11 hours a day for two weeks with no hearing protection.......on a machine with a 24 inch stack and no muffler. 

and now am completely deaf in left ear and 75% deaf in right ear.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Aint it a damn shame??  Now cooking on a gas stove is bad..  Next,,,, they will say it is 'Racist'  because gas lines are in low income and primarily Black and Brown neighborhoods..  Mark my word's...   jojo

12 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Read that in the Daily Caller.. My Question is:::: How are gas stoves a polluter and Natural Gas power plants to generate electricity are NOT????????? Gotta generate power for their Electty cars!!!

no problem, cause the power plant that make that lektrikity to "fuel" the lektrik cars and run the lektrik stoves and ovens burn pixie dandruff and unicorn farts.

Just now, Freightrain said:

Toxic fumes in your house.  Causes cancer, asthma, etc ,blah,blah,blah.  I about fell out of my chair this morning when the news was telling this story.

yup. but the 7-8 packs of cigarettes the family members smoke are perfectly safe.

4 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

And now for something that isnt mine and has nothing to do with pies and rhubarb 

A video thats not mine and not from my country but flogged borrowed and shared for all ig your enjoyment 

Happy days everyone 

Gunna be well over a 100 in the old money today here 

Paul

Excellent vintage video from the early 60's from washington state and oregon state the large oval shaped tank behind the cab is a water tank for cooling the brakes it takes about 10-15 pounds air pressure to push the water out to cool the drums thanks for finding that and posting

• Like 1

Yes, it’s quite fascinating. I know absolutely nothing about logging, but it always fascinates me especially their rigs. Even to this day? They always have real steel out there at least around here. Of course out here they’re mainly W 900s at 379 Peterbilt when I used to spend a lot of time in Oregon I did see quite a few Mack’s .

• Like 1